I just replaced my strings on my nylon string acoustic recently and my A string snapped. I have all of the strings except an A because an A string was what I needed originally and figured that I should just replace them all. I just want to know, is it ok to use a D string or an E string to replace it until I get another set of strings or would it be best to just wait until I can get new ones?
You could use a D string tuned down as a temporary measure but it will be very slack compared to the other strings. Don't use an E string - that will be far too highly tuned at A.

BTW - it's unusual for an A string to snap, especially if it's happened before - it's usually the D string that goes first in a set of nylons. It might be worth checking the saddle, nut and tuning peg to make sure there are no rough areas that might be causing the problem.
Last edited by Garthman at Jan 21, 2014,
As Garthman says.... Normally, nylon strings last forever. If you have one that's breaking, there's likely a mechanical problem.
Take note of where the break is occurring and check there for a sharp edge or whatever.
Thanks for the help. It bent when I was playing a song with a lot of bends near the body of the guitar, so I think that might have caused it.