Poll: red flag if a chick idolizes marilyn?
Poll Options
View poll results: red flag if a chick idolizes marilyn?
**** yeah
18 19%
nah
14 15%
only hot girls look up to marilyn so its ok
4 4%
dude I wouldve ****ed marilyn monroe so hard
18 19%
never got the whole marilyn thing; she's not that special
39 42%
Voters: 93.
Page 1 of 3
you know the chicks that tweet out her qoutes or post them on facebook and whatnot

imo thats a red flag for slutty and dysfunctional behavior

never got the whole marilyn obsession
I think it's because she's a cultural icon and she's obviously very pretty. She appeals to teenage girls. Her quotes aren't that bad anyway, they're a bit sassy/witty. I don't think tweeting a Marilyn Monroe quote means you will be or are a slut, just that you're a pretty normal teenage girl no?
You know what I hate? Those 'everyone is beautiful' posts. **** off. Not everyone is beautiful, what people should be focussing on is that perhaps beauty shouldn't be obsessed over.

People with self-esteem issues piss me off man.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

That's because you have a Vjinn.

Only a fool thinks with his dick. A man uses both his brain and his junk.
Quote by captainsnazz
I don't associate with people who post quotes and shit like that.

This enabled me not to be associated with Captainsnazz.

On-topic: Marilyn Monroe wasn't all that special, and they recently discovered she wasn't 100% natural like so many teen girls seem to believe. she redid her nose and jaw or something like that.
The behavior MM had wasn't that bad. but there were far more beautiful unknown women around at that time. the same as now. I see so many girls that aren't models, but that I consider to be 100x as hot as Kate Moss or any other model really.

That being said, even models aren't perfect. if they are, then why do magazines feel the need to photoshop so much? IMHO It's ****ed up that girls use models as rolemodels.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by jaybsp
I think it's because she's a cultural icon and she's obviously very pretty. She appeals to teenage girls. Her quotes aren't that bad anyway, they're a bit sassy/witty. I don't think tweeting a Marilyn Monroe quote means you will be or are a slut, just that you're a pretty normal teenage girl no?

^this

shes one of the 'cool' ones to quote. Im betting that most people who quote her cant name three of her films.....
Originally posted by Diminishedfaith

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
41. Been called a *****?yes, they rate me 5 stars...
46. Kissed someone in a moving vehicle?no, i dont have insurance
I never got the hype over Monroe. Every day I see girls that are much more attractive than Monroe was.
I'm gonna do it dammit, I have to. I'm gonna call troll.

Seriously, unless I've suffered some quantum leap phenomenon and jumped back to the 60s there's no way anyone genuinly considers Marilyn Monroe 'slutty'. Unless you get a stonker over seeing a womans knees there's very little provocative about her, this has got to be a joke.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
^it's not about what she wore, it's about her sexual activity. she was well known for sleeping around, including with married men coughJFKcough

Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
Anyone older than 13 idolizing anyone else is probably a gigantic dolt.

this.

also, IN MY EXPERIENCE, girls who love marilyn monroe and think she's a role model put out like it's goin out of style. I don't hang out with middle school-->high school girls, and I don't really remember that much from those times, so I honestly don't know if quoting marilyn monroe is an ordinary teenage girl thing, but of the college girls I've encountered, the ones who quote marilyn are sluts.

nothing wrong with that though she was certainly a sexually liberated woman, so it makes sense that sexually liberated girls (or those who want to be sexually liberated) would quote her. and sexually liberated people in general are usually sluts.
Last edited by progdude93 at Jan 21, 2014,
If you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

She wasnt even that attractive
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
She was bare peng, to be fair

Quote by EqualOfHeaven
I'm gonna do it dammit, I have to. I'm gonna call troll.

Seriously, unless I've suffered some quantum leap phenomenon and jumped back to the 60s there's no way anyone genuinly considers Marilyn Monroe 'slutty'. Unless you get a stonker over seeing a womans knees there's very little provocative about her, this has got to be a joke.

well she is essentially the reason playboy still exists, lol
Quote by cha33 armstrong
She wasnt even that attractive

You probably think Gianna Michaels is attractive though so
Quote by captaincrunk
well she is essentially the reason playboy still exists, lol

I was gonna say
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
highly doubt it's an accurate judge of their character. why don't you try talking to girls instead of carefully dismissing them based on social media.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by RAB11
You know what I hate? Those 'everyone is beautiful' posts. **** off. Not everyone is beautiful, what people should be focussing on is that perhaps beauty shouldn't be obsessed over.

People with self-esteem issues piss me off man.

Your Phil Jones avatar demonstrates your point perfectly
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Quote by willT08
You probably think Gianna Michaels is attractive though so

Let me google

EDIT: no I dont
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Last edited by cha33 armstrong at Jan 21, 2014,
Quote by lemmyisgod97
I'd rather f*ck Audrey Hepburn tbh.
Yeah, why not.

I don't think that's that much of a problem.
Little girls aren't really smart, but 12 y/o people aren't really smart in general when it comes to posting stuff on social networks.
They'll grow up and shit, and maybe they'll remain empty and stupid or maybe they'll become great people, though I don't think we can tell by looking at their fb posts.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by ProgFripp74
Your Phil Jones avatar demonstrates your point perfectly

But... Phil Jones is beautiful.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Quote by lemmyisgod97
I'd rather f*ck Audrey Hepburn tbh.

This man knows what's up.
Quote by willT08
You're both so wrong my word

inb4 blake

Audrey Hepburn was better looking anyway
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jan 21, 2014,

**** audrey hepburn

marilyn was a goddess

no wonder the kennedy bros double teamed her

who honestly wouldnt?
Quote by willT08
You're both so wrong my word

Yep!

****: Monroe
Marry: Hepburn
Kill: All these clowns opinions
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by lolmnt
Yep!

****: Monroe
Marry: Hepburn
Kill: All these clowns opinions

Ew how could you settle for JFK's sloppy seconds.
Page 1 of 3