Jackson's new catalog has been spotted and photographed. I saw it on the JCF, and it had made it's way there from sevenstring. I thought there would be folks here on UG who would want to see what they've been up to.

There's quite a few models in there marked as new that haven't shown up on Jackson's website yet. Mainly in the Pro series.

Enjoy.

Jackson 2014 Catalog

So, flicking through that, here's a quick roundup of what's new:

Artist Signature:

The Mark Morton Dominion is back with a new model in the Pro series, the Pro Dominion, and an X series version, the DX2. Two finish options on each one.

Pro Series

King V -

New KVQ. This looks to be the same as the current KVMGQ, but with zebra Duncans in place of the EMGs. I can't see the KVMGQ in the new catalog, so maybe the new KVQ is replacing it.

New KVT and KVTQ - String through versions of the Pro series King V, one plain top and one quilted maple.

Dinky -

The 7 and 8 string DKA7 and DKA8 are listed as new in the catalog even though they've been out for a while. My guess is that this means they're now a permanent part of the lineup rather than limited edition like they were at launch.

New 7 string DK7M and DK7Q - As the model names suggest these look just like 7 string versions of the current DK2 lineup. It looks like the only difference aside from the extra string is a reverse head. They accidentally reprinted the description for the DK2HT models on that page rather than one for the DK7. Oops!

Rhoads -

Two new string through models, the RRT-3 and RRT-5. As far as I can tell, the only difference between them is that the 5 has a pickguard and the 3 is rear loaded. 22 fret, Duncans, Ivory and Black finish options and gold hardware. Basically think the old RR5, but with a bound ebony fretboard instead of unbound rosewood.

X Series

Kelly - The KEXMG is listed as new. Like the DKA7 above, this was a limited edition model, so I assume this means it's now permanent.

That's it from the pages that are posted. It looks as though that's only part of the catalog though. I'd say the missing pages would cover Adrian Smith and Phil Collen models, the Pro Series Soloists, most of the X series and most of the JS series. So maybe there's more new stuff there that we don't see, or maybe the photographer didn't bother shooting those pages because there was nothing new...
I wish they would tone down the damn zebra pickups on all the pro series dinkys.. It would be nice if they showed some 6 string dinky's without them.
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
Last edited by UFC on VHS at Jan 21, 2014,
No 7 string Rhodes or V's still!
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24

looking promising though.

i'll have to stay up to date on this.
ayy lmao
Why does Jackson hate the fixed bridge? I'm glad they offer it, at least. For a long time, if you wanted a fixed bridge on, say, a Kelley, you had to go with the bottom tier ones. At least the fixed bridge Kelley in this catalog seems to be up to the same specs. Albeit, only available in ivory.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Quote by ryanbwags
Why does Jackson hate the fixed bridge? I'm glad they offer it, at least. For a long time, if you wanted a fixed bridge on, say, a Kelley, you had to go with the bottom tier ones. At least the fixed bridge Kelley in this catalog seems to be up to the same specs. Albeit, only available in ivory.

I suppose they expect that most of the people buying their guitars are going to want a Floyd. I generally do, though having one or two fixed bridge guitars is still really handy for a quick retune.

I'm really impressed with the specs of the guitars in the new pro series, both the ones that they launched last year and the new ones here. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a few.

I've currently got two of the old-style DK2M from the Japanese factory (one white, one black), and I'd quite like one of the new style ones to go along with them. Whoever said having multiples of the same guitar was a bad thing? I love my DK2Ms, and more are always welcome.

I'm also really quite keen on the new RRT-3. I always liked the RR5 in the old lineup, but I was really quite put off by the lack of fretboard binding, and to a lesser extent the rosewood. I've never been one of those people who idolise ebony and look down on rosewood (given the choice, I'd have maple!). I was just annoyed that Jackson were still going for the 'cheaper option' of an unbound rosewood board even on a guitar that expensive. But the RRT-3 has the same classic ivory Rhoads look, with the bound ebony board. I also love that the neck finish is oiled rather than painted, a big plus for all of the neckthrough pros in my opinion.
Those select kellies... Esp the cream/gold hardware ones are the reason my keyboard is all sticky now...
Quote by Fisheth24

The Corey Beaulieu signature King V comes in 7 string version too. And with reverse headstock!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/114358374@N04/11940227286/in/photostream/
I just wish it would come as fixed bridge too. No Floyd Rose for me, ever!

But I agree, Rhoads 7 string would have been badass. Though I guess it would neck dive like mofo thanks to heavier neck. There is not much stuff to counterbalance it in Rhoads body. Speaking in theory, of course.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Jan 22, 2014,
i have always wanted a jackson but i feel like they do way too many higher end models with floyd roses. No love for us stoptail guys. bring back the sls!
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional, Honey Burst
Alvarez Cedar Top
Fender Twin Reverb
CAE dual-fasel wah
EMMA DiscumBOBulator
T-Rex Yellow Drive
TC Spark
Mooer Phaser
TC Flashback X4
Quote by Reverb&Reggae
i have always wanted a jackson but i feel like they do way too many higher end models with floyd roses. No love for us stoptail guys. bring back the sls!

Same thing with BC Rich. Why do they have to cram that god damn Floyd in every single of their guitars. Not enough hardtail versions available, especially in the mid-high range guitars.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Most people associate Jacksons with having Floyds. Therefore most of Jackson's guitars do.
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat

I'm also really quite keen on the new RRT-3. I always liked the RR5 in the old lineup, but I was really quite put off by the lack of fretboard binding, and to a lesser extent the rosewood. I've never been one of those people who idolise ebony and look down on rosewood (given the choice, I'd have maple!). I was just annoyed that Jackson were still going for the 'cheaper option' of an unbound rosewood board even on a guitar that expensive. But the RRT-3 has the same classic ivory Rhoads look, with the bound ebony board. I also love that the neck finish is oiled rather than painted, a big plus for all of the neckthrough pros in my opinion.

I honestly prefer how rosewood sounds acoustically, so I'm okay with that. If people want to have the fingerboard black, they can always dye it. and I'm fine with painted necks on most guitars since it's so easy to satinize a neck. And even on nitrocellulose-finished guitars it's fine since Nitro is a very soft finish, so with playing I find that the finish gets smoother and smoother.
Quote by UFC on VHS
I wish they would tone down the damn zebra pickups on all the pro series dinkys.. It would be nice if they showed some 6 string dinky's without them.

I like the look of them
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 23, 2014,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Most people associate Jacksons with having Floyds. Therefore most of Jackson's guitars do.

while you are 100% right with that statement it still doesn't make it okay that jackson hasn't done much to open up their market since the 80's i mean if fender just offered SSS starts, SS tells, jaguars, and jazzmasters they would have a much smaller fanbase overall. I dont play any type of music tied to the traditional range of Jacksons however if i could get a decent hardtail/passive non dinky model i would be all over that playing my jazz, funk, and reggae. just my 2 cents.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional, Honey Burst
Alvarez Cedar Top
Fender Twin Reverb
CAE dual-fasel wah
EMMA DiscumBOBulator
T-Rex Yellow Drive
TC Spark
Mooer Phaser
TC Flashback X4
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

I honestly prefer how rosewood sounds acoustically, so I'm okay with that. If people want to have the fingerboard black, they can always dye it. and I'm fine with painted necks on most guitars since it's so easy to satinize a neck. And even on nitrocellulose-finished guitars it's fine since Nitro is a very soft finish, so with playing I find that the finish gets smoother and smoother.

Yeah, I've got absolutely no problem with the rosewood like some ebony fans seem to; I was just annoyed that they were going for the cheaper option on what was essentially a $1000 guitar. But then the same thing went for pretty much all of the old Pro series. Even with the great build quality I was only really interested in the dinkies because they were the only ones that actually got neck binding. And really, only interested in the DK2Ms because I'm a maple fiend.

Good point on the satin-ising, but I still like an oiled finish.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

I like the look of them

Me too, sir. Me too.