Well after much frustration my Class 5 is finally here! It is my first Marshall I've ever played beside the dissapointing new DSLs. It's such a pretty amp, and it's way bigger than I expected.

(Invalid img)

I dig the tone and with the headphone trick I can dime it all the way for good bedroom volume. I do need a longer speaker cable because I have to set it up like this right now.

http://imgur.com/jaXQH4z

It seems to sound best around 1 or 3 o'Clock and after that it gets dirtier but a little bit muddier. I can upload clips if you guys want but my webcam isn't super high quality. With my Les Paul it nails ACDC, as in this is the closest I've ever heard in person to nailing an ACDC tone. With my Strat it can do Jimi Hendrix fairly well. Depending on the volume i does remind me of a Plexi when cranked and a Bluesbreaker at other times.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Thanks bud. It really loves pedals. My Blues Driver helps to remove some of the mud from heavier gane tones. And my Tl-2 sounds pretty good for heavier tones. I wanted to set it up like a half-stack, but the speaker cable from the Deluxe is to short to reach. Do they make extensions or whatever?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Last edited by lespaul#1 at Jan 21, 2014,
i think you're using the input jack wrong

seriously, though, nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i think you're using the input jack wrong

seriously, though, nice

How so? I probably am. And thank you!

Most unique half-stack ever.
Quote by chip46
Last edited by lespaul#1 at Jan 21, 2014,
Congrats man, thats the amp I plan on losing my MV too
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
It seriously sounds like the tones I listed. I'm not some noob just bullshitting. It gets a bit muddy beyond 3 o'clock but it puts on a lot of gain at that point too.
Quote by chip46
Im glad to hear it takes pedals well, I plan to get the combo though
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by lespaul#1
How so? I probably am. And thank you!

nah it was a (bad) joke about the title
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by lespaul#1
It seriously sounds like the tones I listed. I'm not some noob just bullshitting. It gets a bit muddy beyond 3 o'clock but it puts on a lot of gain at that point too.

but yeah - most amps get muddy past 3 o'clock on the dial

Quote by Dave_Mc
nah it was a (bad) joke about the title

How the hell did I miss that?

But yeah, with a good overdrive you can turn the gain off and turn the tone knob to cut down the mud. Like I said it only gets muddy after 3 o'clock and that's when it gets heavy.
Quote by chip46
Congrats on the new amp. I'm surprised you didn't like the DSL though. Which one did you try? The 15 watt has different power tubes and a really great clean sound
It was the 15C. It just sounded thin and sterile. It was no where near as warm as the Class 5. And 311 my only other tube amp has been a Deluxe Reverb so I've never got to really crank it.
Quote by chip46
Cool little amps lp, HNAD!

See, you gotta love Marshalls
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Ahahah, when we were talking in that thread I already had this on order. For nearly the same reasons you mentioned.

Also, I never even got to try them, I just listened to about every video on Youtube with them in it, and then I took a shot in the dark and ordered it. It definitely was worth it.
Quote by chip46
I am very attached to my marshall; but nothing compliments it better that a 4x12 or two stuffed with celestions. Actually those cabs can drastically improve the sound of most amps. They also make great studio monitors - how's that for double duty!
I live in a dorm and move around a bit so I don't really know if a big cab is a good idea. I would love one though.
Quote by chip46
HNAD. I knew you'd like it - now ditch the shitty 7th gen Shuguangs and load it up with JJ's and you'll cream your strides.

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Sweet! HNAD my man, told you that was what you wanted

This has inspired me, I need one now...
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Thanks guys. Your recommendations and advice was spot on.
Quote by chip46
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Quote by lespaul#1
How the hell did I miss that?

but yeah to be fair my jokes are garbage
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

but yeah to be fair my jokes are garbage

IDK, when I got it, it was pretty great.
Quote by chip46
congrats! love those little buggers.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by lespaul#1
IDK, when I got it, it was pretty great.

thanks
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?