I made the mistake of buying a Behringer Xenyx x2442USB mixer last year to record my bandmate's drums, which only lets you record 2 tracks at once. I found the Tascam US-1800 USB on Musicians Friend for $250 which comes with a Cubase LE disc. Can I record at least 7 tracks at a time for each drum mic?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/tascam-us-1800-usb-2.0-audio-midi-interface
Yes. I'd pretty much bet on it.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
Yes. I'd pretty much bet on it.

CT

Well I thought the same thing about the behringer, and someone told me they thought so too, but it didn't. Are you sure or are you assuming like me? I wish it told you exactly what it could do in the description.
Yes, the Tascam US-1800 is a real interface that will record each input to a separate track, your Behringer is a live mixer with the ability to send the stereo master feed out through USB. The Behringer is not an interface, it's meant for recording live concerts. The Tascam US-1800 is, however, an interface, meant to be used in a studio for multitrack recording.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Yes, the Tascam US-1800 is a real interface that will record each input to a separate track, your Behringer is a live mixer with the ability to send the stereo master feed out through USB. The Behringer is not an interface, it's meant for recording live concerts. The Tascam US-1800 is, however, an interface, meant to be used in a studio for multitrack recording.

Okay yes this is exactly the answer I was looking for, thank you very much! Do you know if Cubase is any good?
I love Cubase. Just prepare for a steep learning curve.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.