I just got a Carvin Legacy 3 and boy does it sound like heaven! I turn it on the lead channel and my guitar squeals really bad. I stood about 20 feet away and I'd have to stand in one certain spot to avoid this. The pickups are at least 5 feet away from anything but me so I don't know what is up. Amp is at 15 watts 10 volume 2 1/2 master. I think it's the pickups, this is a prs se 245. Does anybody know if the pickups are potted? Thanks.
I know the Dragon II's in mine are quiet even in front of my cranked amp. never had a problem with the HFS/VB combo

Just realized your talking about the SE, the SE Custom pickups are wax potted, I would think the 245 would be also
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I heard someone say the customs are potted, but the 245's aren't. Has anyone used the 245 se? Also, I've been trying to figure out how to put in that line and the underpart of a comment (signature) where people put favorite quotes and their guitar equipment and stuff like that.
Well; just looking at their USA pickups, I would say they are not:

http://www.prsaccessories.com/collections/pickups

The SE series are made overseas, so those pickups may indeed be potted. Remember: you've got a tube amplifier there, so it is not just your pickups that can go microphonic. You might be dealing with a microphonic tube - not uncommon. Seek out the amplifier tech-heads on this forum. They will tell you how to check for this, if you do not already know how to do so.

Good luck!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Almost all OEM pickups in this price range are potted. I'd be surprised if the stock SE pickups were not.

Worth checking for a microphonic tube, for sure.
Quote by Roc8995
Almost all OEM pickups in this price range are potted. I'd be surprised if the stock SE pickups were not.

that is exactly what i was going to say.

i haven't ever heard pickups that have caused as much noise that you are describing. very microphonic tubes could easily ccause deafness for a day or two.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Roc8995

+2

First thing I would check

If you don't have any spare 12AX7 tubes laying around (and you should) then you can at least swap a few around, starting with V1 (tube rolling).

Here is a vid I made that may help. Good luck.
http://s545.photobucket.com/user/buckethead_311/media/Amp%20stuff/Microphonicpreamptube.mp4.html
i don't know if i missed something, but i wasn't really fully coherent last night.

have you tried different guitars on that amp?

different amp in the same plug?

amp at different circuit? friends house?

different cable (even speaker cable).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/