Hey guys, my amp (a blues Jr 3) was just recently destroyed in a flood along with all my gear. So since I have a fancy cheque coming from insurance, I've started shopping around for a new amp I'm not gigging at the moment but I plan to be doing so in a few months (hopefully) so here are my options really.

1:Used 90's Blues Jr. Has the green board which means its MIA. It'd in really good condition and I've talked him down to $350. I know it's alot different from the BJ I had but its the general sound that I love.

2:A Fender Mustang amp. I figure since I'm doing alot of bedroom playing right now, I don't need a loud tube amp. The modelling and digital integration with my mac would make it extremely versatile. I've never played one so I don't really know about much about these. Do they take pedals well? Are the models any good?

3: I started thinking about computer emulators. Programs like TH2 and Guitar Rig. After doing some research, TH2 seems to be the top favourite. My biggest concern is live use and using it with my pedals. Can I still use my pedals with it? Would I just DI into a mixer on stage?

Just some notes. The nearest music store is about 30-45 minutes away and I'm honestly open to all other suggestions. I play everything from blues to hard rock and a little bit of metal. My budget would be about $600 CND

Thanks guys, this not having an amp thing is driving me a little crazy.
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
Get the BJ
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I'd use a cheap program until you find a need for a tube amp. If you get the program, I'd keep that money till you decide a tube amp is necessary.
If you really liked your Blues Jr then get the Blues Jr. If you like the modeling aspect of the Mustang then get the Mustang. If you like the software emulation then get the software emulation.

A 30 minute drive is not that far so go play some stuff.

I can tell you this, if you play a 'bit of metal' you probably won't be as happy with the 3 choices you've given us. I have and love a Peavey Vypyr 60 so that is my recommendation. I got mine used for $300.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
If you really liked your Blues Jr then get the Blues Jr. If you like the modeling aspect of the Mustang then get the Mustang. If you like the software emulation then get the software emulation.

A 30 minute drive is not that far so go play some stuff.

I can tell you this, if you play a 'bit of metal' you probably won't be as happy with the 3 choices you've given us. I have and love a Peavey Vypyr 60 so that is my recommendation. I got mine used for $300.

This. The Vypyr Tube is a wonderful amp that can get some killer metal tones and has a lot of versitility
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Thanks guys, I'll take a look at those. Does anyone have any experience with TH2? It would really be the best situation I think in terms of portability and not waking everyone in my house up. Does it take pedals at all, and is it useful in a live situation?
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.