This is kind of a dual theme thread about two guitars and two pickup combinations.

GUITAR A: I have a Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus (removed the neck finish - now a bright guitar) in which i have the SD JB4 / Jazz combo but i find the jazz pickup too bright and could use a bit more output.

Is the SD 59 the pickup i'm looking for? A little more output, more sustain, a little less highs than the Jazz?

GUITAR B: I also have a Schecter Omen 6 Extreme tuned in B Standard with a SH-6 that i absolutely am in love with but the neck pickup is horrible on this guitar. I never got a decent clean on this guitar.

Is the SH-2 Jazz a good match for the Duncan Distortion? Looking for cleans mainly here and a good position in the middle of them.

In my experience, the duncan distortion is brighter than the JB4, so maybe the Jazz that was too bright for the JB4 will be just right for the SH-6, right?
may like the Dimarzio Crunch Lab/Liquifire combination. i put those in my Ibanez Prestige 2570EVSL, and i love them.

its Petrucci's signature set and comes on the EBMM JP6 guitars.

the liquifire is as smooth as glass and just generally a great neck pickup. not too bright not too dark.

i really like the crunch lab, its got some balls without sacrificing on anything else, still well balanced. HOWEVER not sure how it would do on an LP.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
i'd have said the '59 was brighter than the jazz, but I haven't tried them in the same guitar to be sure.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the 59 in my Mahogany tele gets a really nice clean sound out of it. both full humbucker and coil tapped. Bright yet still warm.
Might be worth seeing if you can track some guitars down to play that have a 59 already in the neck
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
The '59 is brighter than the Jazz, but not by a whole lot. I've got a '59 in the neck of my Flying V, overall I'm a big fan of it... except for the low end. SH-1's have a boomy low end that's hard to dial out.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
What amp are you playing through? That'll give us a much better idea of your situation.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
SH6/Jazz is a great combo and will work in the omen 6
both my 6 and 7 have that combo and it really balances nicely and has a lot of punch.
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2