Hello,

I play in a band for a few months, and two weeks ago we found finaly someone who wants to be our singer. We could already play Creep by Radiohead, and our singer likes to sing it. But there is one part in the song, where Tom sings "Run, run, ruuuuun....", that's a little bit to high for him. Now my question is, what can we do best? Transpose the guitar part en let him sing lower? And if so, how do I have to do that? (I play the guitar), or are there any other options?

Thanks for your help!
Sing an octave lower for that part or do it falsetto. That's what I did in the same situation.

http://youtu.be/jViQvHaGbkk
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Last edited by pawnluv at Jan 22, 2014,
It's in G, if you play it in E you can get that part, but the other may be too low, range is what it takes for that song
Quote by Tempoe
It's in G, if you play it in E you can get that part, but the other may be too low, range is what it takes for that song

Exactly. So singing an octave lower for the parts that are too high seems like the best bet.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Quote by Black_devils
@Pawn love what chords did you use for your cover?

I believe it was half a step down. The same chords as in the original just down half a step. For the chorus I remember doing 3 guitars, 1 doing barres, 1 open and 1 power chords.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Quote by pawnluv
I believe it was half a step down. The same chords as in the original just down half a step. For the chorus I remember doing 3 guitars, 1 doing barres, 1 open and 1 power chords.

All your covers were great dude. I liked the improvisation bits too, But my favorite one was your acoustic improvisation you're a great guitarist keep it up seriously!
he could always learn the techniques to expanding his range. im a bass/baritone who USED TO struggle with middle C. now i can sing that song, and much higher-ranged songs with ease

the technique is a little easier than you might think
I'd recommend just transposing the whole piece down a bit as opposed to singing that part down the octave. That part is the climax of the song, and changing where it sits in the voice totally takes away from everything that it does for the song.