Page 1 of 2
Hi guys!

The question is pretty self-descriptive. But additionally, does it really matter if I listen to the bands which are not 'really metal' but still tell everyone that I'm a metal-head?

Additional info: I like Metallica, Dream Theater, Avenged Sevenfold (older Stuff), and some other similar bands. I consider them Metal..
Dude, c'mon. Enjoy what you want to enjoy. You shouldn't stop listening to a band just because others don't like it.
You're a metal poser if you can't recite the entire recommendation list at the beginning of the rec thread with your eyes closed.

You're a metal poser if you ever listen to anything that isn't metal.
EVER.

You're a metal poser if you don't listen to classical music.

You're a metal poser if you questioned the seeming contradiction above. You have much to learn, young metal grasshopper.

You're a metal poser if you buy posters instead of vinyls.
Quote by Bazz22
Dude, c'mon. Enjoy what you want to enjoy. You shouldn't stop listening to a band just because others don't like it.

Agreed. I'd never do that. But the internet makes you question yourself.
I actually hate labeling music. It takes away the joy of being able to enjoy it freely.

The haters can pry my music away from my cold-dead hands. Or the fist thats plummeting them where it hurts the most. Whichever was tougher :-p

Quote by NABEF9
You're a metal poser if you can't recite the entire recommendation list at the beginning of the rec thread with your eyes closed.

You're a metal poser if you ever listen to anything that isn't metal.
EVER.

You're a metal poser if you don't listen to classical music.

You're a metal poser if you questioned the seeming contradiction above. You have much to learn, young metal grasshopper.

You're a metal poser if you buy posters instead of vinyls.

Can't tell if you're really serious. But in case I missed the sarcasm and you really are serious, then I can say that I'm not a metal-head but a music lover who leans to the heavier side of music. I failed on points 1 and 2.
Last edited by TempAccount2 at Jan 22, 2014,
some people get mad because they think metal is a lifestyle but really listen to whatever you find enjoyable who cares
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
If you define yourself by the music you like then you're just bad at being an interesting person.

And if you have to ask then the answer is probably yes.

And if you think Avenged Sevenfold is metal then the answer is definitely yes.

But it doesn't ****ing matter, just listen to what you like and stop worrying about it... poser.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFik
If you define yourself by the music you like then you're just bad at being an interesting person.

And if you have to ask then the answer is probably yes.

And if you think Avenged Sevenfold is metal then the answer is definitely yes.

But it doesn't ****ing matter, just listen to what you like and stop worrying about it..

Solid advice! :-p Stuff like that third point of yours made me doubt myself in the first place. Seriously.

I actually don't really accept it, I love Metal, but am not a 'true metal head'.

Well, enough of trying to rationalize. Thank you guys for your invaluable input. Good day.
banned and desecrated and deathed
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
I would ask why he was banned but then I noticed he was called TempAccount2...
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Um...probably if you care that much about how you're perceived and make a thread about it

Just enjoy life and listen to the music you like, you're not gonna meet metal elitists who care in the real world anyway - they're usually in a basement somewhere
So by NABEF9's definition since I like other types of music other than metal I'm a poser? Guess I'm a huge poser then because I enjoy Classical, Jazz, Folk, etc etc. I've know guys who reasoned the same way and they like shit like Fear Factory and Kuntswitch Engaped
Quote by pAWNlol
technically we all bleed iron...

I mean solid fukking steel. I bleed a fukking solid.
Quote by BL1NDSIDE-J
So by NABEF9's definition since I like other types of music other than metal I'm a poser? Guess I'm a huge poser then because I enjoy Classical, Jazz, Folk, etc etc. I've know guys who reasoned the same way and they like shit like Fear Factory and Kuntswitch Engaped

waah wahh i'm diverse waah etc

who fucking cares
Philosophy > Life
Quote by BL1NDSIDE-J
Do they not do tongue-in-cheek outside of Canada? My...this is embarrassing.
Quote by Ironic Maiden

Miles, Coltrane, the list could go on...

Could it?
Philosophy > Life
You know you're a metal poser when you give a **** enough to ask.

Also I'm feeling the word 'poser' is incredibly outdated, maybe it's just me? I feel like part of me is falling into the late 80s when I write that word.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
Quote by MoogleRancha
waah wahh i'm diverse waah etc

who fucking cares

Shut up cvnt face
Last edited by BL1NDSIDE-J at Jan 25, 2014,
Quote by deadsmileyface
dream theater sucks and petrooshee is a ****

lul youre funny

huh, you hear that sound? thats the sound of good ol' John Panini bread coming to crack your head open with his biceps like a nutcracker

FEAR THE PANINI BREAD
Last edited by pAWNlol at Jan 25, 2014,
You should ask yourself these two questions:

1.- Do you like Heavy Metal?
2.- Do you like to pose?

If your answer is yes in both questiones then yes you're a poser
Quote by KingDime666
It's dubstep minor in E.

Quote by steve_muse
I bet I'm gunna love Revolt #plottwist
Don't call yourself a metal head or a metal poser. Just listen to the music you enjoy listening to.
Quote by pAWNlol
lul youre funny

huh, you hear that sound? thats the sound of good ol' John Panini bread coming to crack your head open with his biceps like a nutcracker

FEAR THE PANINI BREAD

**** sake. Someone close this thread.
You're insinuating a Down's kid ejaculated on my face.

That's weird.
Philosophy > Life
Page 1 of 2