Hi guys,

I have been searching for a new acoustic guitar for ages and I think I have finally made a decision on getting a Yamaha L16 series guitar. Now I just need to pick the size.

I play mostly fingerstyle and also some intricate picking stuff, not much of a strummer. I think I'll go with the LS16 as it seems it is more comfortable to sit with and is more suited to my needs. But, I just wanted your input on what you think would be best?

Also, if you want to recommend any other guitars to me (Brand and model) for my needs I will be very grateful! But I think for now, my search is over... at least for a couple of hours anyway...
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
Well I'm just a beginner but I love the sound of my Yamaha FG720SL either strumming or picking. It has a beautiful clear rich sound with the solid spruce top. And they're around $300.00 USD now so they're pretty affordable. Check some reviews on them on Youtube.
Thanks for the suggestion!

It sounds pretty good and seems very good for the price! Also, it's a dreadnought which I have tried and find quite uncomfortable and hard to play! I'm just wondering whether to get a cheap guitar now to keep me going or to spend quite a lot now (about $1000) and me satisfied for a couple of years. Not to say it's bad, it seems like a really good guitar
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
Last edited by UKMaster at Jan 23, 2014,
The these are solid guitars..... The issue would be the size and playability for you. Lots of dedicated fingerstyle guys use the smaller-bodied instruments, not only for ease in holding but for the more-balanced tone.
Often, they prefer a wider neck as well, which makes fingering easier for many players. (look at classical guitars...)
This is not to say you might not be happy with a dread. There are lots of fingerstyle guys who like them, like the sound, and don't have any problems with the relatively skinny neck.
By all means, try to handle and play examples of both before buying.
No I tried a few guitars today and disliked the size of the dread
I really enjoy my LS16, the wider nut and smaller body I find more comfortable to play than my dread.