Hi, Im looking to buy a New Amp, one that could take pedals well. I want to use the distortion of a tube amp with pedals like the tc electronic flashback x4, Eventide Space Reverb Pedal, mxr flanger and the digitech whammy.
Any toughs which amp would take these kind of pedals better?
Thnx
Rockerverb.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Between the two, the rockerverb, but I wouldn't buy either.
Take a look at 311's second point and get your post more informative so we can maybe even suggest you something else, if it's needed.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
So far any tube amp with a distorted channel and an effects loop would meet your criteria. You'd have to narrow it down.
WTLTL 2011
currently I play a custom strat and a custom sg on an Orange rocker 30, I love the distorted channel but i doesn't have an fx loop so its a problem with some pedals. I play rock (classic, hard rock, alternative. Think of Led Zepp, Hendrix, etc, to Wolfmother, Audioslave, etc). I need a clean channel and an amp that take pedals well with a transparent fx loop. The budget around the prices of the rockerverb and jvm410 combo.
Thnx
Rocker 30 is a cool amp, but I can see what you are saying.

Mark G has a JVM410 and he can tell you about some of the virtues of that amp. You don't want to talk to me about that amp especially not the 4 channel combo version.

So are you set on a combo?

Can I ask where you live so I can check what is around to you locally already?
No, it could be the combo or just the head, it doesn't matter. I live in México but I usually buy at guitarcenter, musiciansfriend, sweetwater or ebay.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
ok, just get the rockerverb

i concur. was really disappointed from the JVM's in general. the VM is decent, but having built a 1974x and jtm 45, i am covered for my marshall tone.

the only thing i would buy that is currently in production would be a class 5.

go for the rockerverb. have you decided 50 or 100?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I concur with all stated above.

A Rockerverb will ****ing bury a JVM in a head to head.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
...you´re asking about 2 amps with totally different tonal qualities and your getting answers based upon that.....

...I would def. say the rockerverb, seeing that I am totally biased when it comes to the difference in "sounds", but I´ve heard, even though there loop is excellent, that oranges don´t take kindly to all pedals?!

...mabye take your question over to oranges own forum and see if anyone there has tried something close to your set up and see what they have to say.

...but then again if and when I own a rockerverb, any pedal that doesn´t work with it is going in the bin deamned "not worthy" ;-)
I believe in god, jesus and the holy ghost.....or as i call them Angus, Kirk and Lemmy
Quote by fabrizzio.cappe
currently I play a custom strat and a custom sg on an Orange rocker 30, I love the distorted channel but i doesn't have an fx loop so its a problem with some pedals. I play rock (classic, hard rock, alternative. Think of Led Zepp, Hendrix, etc, to Wolfmother, Audioslave, etc). I need a clean channel and an amp that take pedals well with a transparent fx loop. The budget around the prices of the rockerverb and jvm410 combo.
Thnx

If you just play rock I don't see why you would get a JVM. You'll pay for way more than you'd use. The Rockerverb would most likely suit you better.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Rocker 30 is a cool amp, but I can see what you are saying.

Mark G has a JVM410 and he can tell you about some of the virtues of that amp. You don't want to talk to me about that amp especially not the 4 channel combo version.

So are you set on a combo?

Can I ask where you live so I can check what is around to you locally already?

We can bypass the virtues entirely, because it sounds to me he needs 2 channels max, will not be using the built in reverb, will not be needing the midi switching capabilities, and he does not live in Europe (where JVM's are a good deal). I don't see why he would even consider the JVM based on his needs
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Jan 23, 2014,
^ I wasn't really talking about features - I was talking tone.

Just trying to keep things on a level playing field.

Some may prefer the JVM for rock tones On other forums you may get different answers. Besides, within in the 'rock tone' spectrum of the JVM there is quite a bit of flexibility with the green, orange and red modes within each of the channels. 12 total options

I think that is a virtue of the JVM someone should consider.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i concur. was really disappointed from the JVM's in general. the VM is decent, but having built a 1974x and jtm 45, i am covered for my marshall tone.

the only thing i would buy that is currently in production would be a class 5.

go for the rockerverb. have you decided 50 or 100?

I think 50 is enough for me so I can crank it all the way up! My Rocker 30 is loud as hell

I only ask about the JVM because of the versatility, the tonal range that you can get out of it, and because I've heard that take pedals really well and has a very good fx loop. I like the Orange amps, but I don't know how the rockerverb would handle pedals and how good the fx loop is.
Last edited by fabrizzio.cappe at Jan 23, 2014,
The JVMs I've played suffer a bit from "Tweaker Syndrome". There are tons and tons of options, but none of them sound particularly spectacular, or even that different from the other sounds.

The JVM is like an amp trying to be a Mesa Road King at half the price. And really missing the mark, IMO. I am grateful that the JVM exists, because I hope that will show that there is demand for MIDI in amps, but that's really the JVMs most notable feature. The tone is very very uninteresting/uninspiring.

That said, try if you can! Some people LOVE their JVMs. I LOVE the Vintage Modern, which was just mentioned as being "decent". Some people's ears find pleasure in different things.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
For the record, I don't care for the tone of the JVM either but I think it is just a personal thing. The tones seems somewhat contrived - like it is trying to hard to be good if that makes any sense. And I thought the JVMs and Road Kings were roughly the same price.
Just checked. JVM is $2400. RK2 is $2750. I thought the JVM was a lot cheaper for some reason.

Wow. That is absolutely silly money for a JVM.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X