Hey everybody.
So I'm thinking of adding a fender amp to my setup for some cleans that my blackstar can't do. I currently have pedals in front of amp and also in the effects loop. Is there any way for me to just run the effects loop to the fender and bypass the preamp of the black star? I want my effects in the loop (delay and chorus) to go to the fender, but nothing else. I haven't come up with a solution to this and I'm not quite sure if its even possible.
Thanks in advance
I don't think you are going to want to run out of the FX loop of the Blackstar to your pedals and then into the front end of a new Fender amp. That's not really going to work that well.

You first need to figure out how you want to switch from amp to amp (say with an ABY switcher) and then figure out what pedals need to be with which amp. If there are pedals that need to be run with both, then that can be done too but at what cost right?

There are products from Radial for example that can do some of these things ie: Headbone, Loopbone, Switchbone, etc.
http://www.tonebone.com/switchers-products.php

However, at that point you might as well get a different amp that has a really good dedicated clean channel and a really good dirt channel.

(also it would help if you told us exactly what Blackstar you have and what Fender you are considering and what pedals you have and where/why you want to use them)
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jan 22, 2014,
Quote by xDaFormer
Hey everybody.
So I'm thinking of adding a fender amp to my setup for some cleans that my blackstar can't do.

it'd help to know what fender you want to add to your setup and what blackstar you already own. i have no idea if the fender would have an effects loop and i have to assume your blackstar already has an effects loop.

Quote by xDaFormer
I currently have pedals in front of amp and also in the effects loop. Is there any way for me to just run the effects loop to the fender and bypass the preamp of the black star?

i am really not sure what you mean by this? using the effects loop of the blackstar would pretty much mean you are using the preamp of the blackstar, else why would the effects be in the blackstar's effects loop?

if you want to use the blackstars preamp but be able to switch to the fender amp while still being able to use the pedals in the effects loop of the blackstar then i might see what you want.

yes, it is possible and it would require a few a/b boxes and probably too much tap dancing. you could instead use some kinda elaborate switching system that would cost quite a bit.

you would need to change the channels on both A/B boxes pretty much at the same time. like i said, there is more elaborate switching system that can do the same thing with one button push.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Jan 22, 2014,
And btw the fender is an fm212r (I know, not the best) but my cousin gave it too me so I figured I'd use it for something