hello UG community, I just created an account and I have a burning question. Can I connect a head onto my marshall mg100dfx, so I can use the amp as a cabinet?
moving to GG&A
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I remember my first time too.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
what is the amp head you want to plug in?

then, you will need to find out the ohms (impedance) and watts of the speaker in the MG cabinet.

i'm thinking you would also need to cut the speaker wire that goes into the amp and solder a 1/4" jack to the end of it to then plug into the amp head you have.

welcome to UG
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jan 22, 2014,
More than likely, you need a 1/4" to spade cable to hook the head directly to the speakers. What amp head? The ohms have to match up
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
what is the amp head you want to plug in?

then, you will need to find out the ohms (impedance) and watts of the speaker in the MG cabinet.

i'm thinking you would also need to cut the speaker wire that goes into the amp and solder a 1/4" jack to the end of it to then plug into the amp head you have.

welcome to UG

the head I wanted to connect to it is the peavey century 100 watts 4ohms

there is a 1/4" cable on the amp and it's to connect the loudspeaker to the control panel (what I just said becomes a lot clearer if you have a pic of the backplate of the amp) but that cable is really short so is there a way to make it longer without cutting the cable, beacause I'm not that technically skilled.

also, I read somewhere that you can use the amp's control panel as a head for a cabinet so I don't know if that is useful for getting to know if my desire is possible
Last edited by rik.vulders at Jan 23, 2014,