So, after owning a First Act ME682 for about 3 years, i decided to repaint it, and slowly upgrade it.

Strings removed.

the pup selector switch was broke at some point. Idk if I'm not going to just use 2 volume knobs and no pup switch. we'll see how i feel when i get closer to being done.

The bridge saddles will be swapped with graphtechs (as seen by the one far right (e))

hardware fully removed. sanding begins tomorrow.

One thing i did notice was a discoloration in the first fret:

I hope once i oil up the fretboard it will come back to life...

This is oddly one of my faveorite guitars to play, and I am very excited to be back in the customizing saddle.

Any comments or suggestions are more than welcome.
Gear:

Guitars:
BC Rich Warlock
Dean 88
ME682-In Progress
Amps:
Carvin SX300
Etc:
Clayton 1.0mm picks
Planet Waves cables.
Last edited by abyssspecter at Jan 22, 2014,
I've been working on this guitar for about 5 days now, and i have atleast 1 update!

I decided I'm carving the top down. its begun taking shape, but is still really rough. I will have pictures up asap, but technical issues with my phone/camera.

anyway, I'm still deciding on paint, but may do a burst of some kind...

also, i think i may put an old DiMazario Fred in the bridge, and may use a switch to coil tap, rather than a push pull pot. We shall see.
Gear:

Guitars:
BC Rich Warlock
Dean 88
ME682-In Progress
Amps:
Carvin SX300
Etc:
Clayton 1.0mm picks
Planet Waves cables.
yea, and also i gotta watch out for the input jack. its not going to be the same carve all the way around, so, it will be different, at the very least.
Gear:

Guitars:
BC Rich Warlock
Dean 88
ME682-In Progress
Amps:
Carvin SX300
Etc:
Clayton 1.0mm picks
Planet Waves cables.
Update

SO, since my last posting, I've got my carve done:

My first step, taping off where the carve should stop.

After routing. (my dumb self did this free hand, with no lines to speak of. I now understand why they are so important )

Smoothing down my sides

Complete carve.

Now shes naked
Gear:

Guitars:
BC Rich Warlock
Dean 88
ME682-In Progress
Amps:
Carvin SX300
Etc:
Clayton 1.0mm picks
Planet Waves cables.
So I have run into a problem. I tried to swap my original string saddles for some graphite ones i had bought a while back. Turns out, while putting them on, they don't sit even, like string saddles should. not only that, but the screws to adjust the saddle hight on the graphites are much shorter than the OG saddles. Im wondering, can I simply leave it be, and hope to god it works? If not, I do have an old tune-o-matic bridge and a gibson style stop piece I could put in, or atleast make it a String thru design.

So, fellow GB&C friends. Can i fix it, or do I need the TOM
Gear:

Guitars:
BC Rich Warlock
Dean 88
ME682-In Progress
Amps:
Carvin SX300
Etc:
Clayton 1.0mm picks
Planet Waves cables.
Well as far as I know TOM bridges usually require a neck angle to compensate height.

Also, First Act guitar bridges are probably anything but standard... I'd fill the routes and buy a whole new bridge to be honest.

Watch your sanding on the body too. I can see the raised lines from poor sanding even through your low res pics
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
To be honest, now it has some paint on it, I considered resanding it down, filling in the middle hole where the 3 way used to reside, and fixing the upper horn anyway, so I should go a head and fix that. I read that a grain filler should help?

As far as the bridge goes, I think ill end up ordering something to make this a string through, and as far as I've seen, they have a TOM style bridge. Ill look into the neck angle, because frankly, that seems to be the only option I like.

I think I'll at-least put the bridge back on after i sand it down and hook up my Fred in the neck position with the 2 volume knobs, just to give it a test play with the new shape.
Gear:

Guitars:
BC Rich Warlock
Dean 88
ME682-In Progress
Amps:
Carvin SX300
Etc:
Clayton 1.0mm picks
Planet Waves cables.
Well, an update that is long overdue.

Since my last post, I have ordered a new bridge (this cheapo ) and have for now given up on the string through idea, though eventually it will happen.

I have taken her back down to wood, actually primed it, and am on coat 2 of 5 blacks, before adding a stencil and paint is done. (painting should be finished in 2 weeks.)

Last but not least, I have put together the parts of the electronics the cavity holds. I have it wired for neck and bridge, no spitting, and it is 2 volume knobs, no switch. I have test fit it and got it to a fit I like, and ensured my wires are all long enough to put together when I'm done (they are). So, all i need to do electronically is insulate the cavity with aluminum foil (because I'm cheap), drop my assembly in, and wire my pickups and output jack in.

I still need to work on the neck, so ill probably get some lemon oil this week. I also want to shine my frets, so 0000 steel wool is in order too.

I shall have pics up in a few days.

Gear:

Guitars:
BC Rich Warlock
Dean 88
ME682-In Progress
Amps:
Carvin SX300
Etc:
Clayton 1.0mm picks
Planet Waves cables.
That bridge you bought is a string-thru bridge FYI. That is why there are 6 holes on the bottom plate. Get a set of these and it will be easy it do a string thru www.guitarfetish.com/thumbnail.asp?file=assets/images/thumbs/teblvispstfe.jpg&maxx=225&maxy=175
Just make sure you use a brad-point bit to cut down on the bit wandering.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I chose that bridge for string through lol. I even have my furrells. the only reason im not doing it is because I don't have a drill press.
Gear:

Guitars:
BC Rich Warlock
Dean 88
ME682-In Progress
Amps:
Carvin SX300
Etc:
Clayton 1.0mm picks
Planet Waves cables.
Quote by abyssspecter
I chose that bridge for string through lol. I even have my furrells. the only reason im not doing it is because I don't have a drill press.

OK I misunderstood you

Get a brad-point bit and you will be fine, it's not an expensive guitar at all
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Could I basically drill from both front and back, making them straight in relation to each other?
Gear:

Guitars:
BC Rich Warlock
Dean 88
ME682-In Progress
Amps:
Carvin SX300
Etc:
Clayton 1.0mm picks
Planet Waves cables.
So, shes almost as done as she is gunna be.

I missplaced the bridge, so, I eventually will be moving that.

also, I need to do some fret work, namely on the bottom edges.

But, for now, I'm happy with her.
Gear:

Guitars:
BC Rich Warlock
Dean 88
ME682-In Progress
Amps:
Carvin SX300
Etc:
Clayton 1.0mm picks
Planet Waves cables.