Just wondering if anyone else received the free D'Addario NYXL (10-46) string sample, and what their thoughts are on them.

I replaced the Cleartone .9's on my ESP MH-100 with these, and currently have it in Drop C. Personally, I enjoy heavier strings, because I find them usually easier to play on. I also have Ernie Ball Beefy .11's on my Viper which are great for when I go A# and B.

The D'Addario strings are pretty great, too. I'll maybe create a video demoing them, but idk yet.

Last edited by Jukle at Jan 23, 2014,
New steel formula/mix and coating if I have understood correctly. Here is one guys impressions of them, including pictures of the packaging containing the D'Addarios introduction to these new strings.
http://www.metalguitarist.org/forum/guitar-gear-discussion/59402-daddario-beta-testing-xlformula3.html

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
So are they like Dunlop Heavy Cores without advertising themselves that way so they don't shoehorn themselves into the metalhead market?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
So are they like Dunlop Heavy Cores without advertising themselves that way so they don't shoehorn themselves into the metalhead market?

Nothing in the product descriptions would seem to imply that it has a thick core, atleast I dont see such. They just advertise that the steel is stronger.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Jan 23, 2014,
I don't get it. So they are supposed to break less?

I have never broken a D'Addario. Ever. And they are all I use on 4/5 of my electrics.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
They have 6% more magnetic permeability, resulting in a higher output in the 2-5K hz. They also say that they have "revolutionised" the anti-corrosion coating, so I'm guessing they should last a little longer.

I'd love to try a set. I've been using XL's for the past 3-4 years now. I've never had one break, and I find they last a decent amount of time, especially considering I can get them for $3 a set!
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H