How are you recording at the moment?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
How are you recording at the moment?

I just plug in my guitar to the computer and record with Cubase 5 and Guitar Rig 5

Quote by jaspervdv
i don't really hear something annoying in the recording?

however, maybe you can remove it with some eq settings?
But that could affect the whole guitar sound in a negative way.

Maybe you need to use headphones to hear it
Ah, well that'll be the issue then. Especially with the acoustic. The pre-amps on acoustics tend to be very brittle and the pups will likely be close to where you're picking.

Not much you can do apart from just doing some really tight notching.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
Ah, well that'll be the issue then. Especially with the acoustic. The pre-amps on acoustics tend to be very brittle and the pups will likely be close to where you're picking.

Not much you can do apart from just doing some really tight notching.

The acoustic is just a backing track, I'm trying to get rid of the pick noise of the electric guitar
Different pick/playing technique is the easiest way. Better to have a good take before you mix otherwise it's an uphill battle

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Different pick/playing technique is the easiest way. Better to have a good take before you mix otherwise it's an uphill battle

Exactly this, if you record a perfect take there will be no problems.
Try different picks. Some are significantly noisier than others. Different technique can help as well.

Less gain, less presence, less treble.

Honestly though it's not really noticeable until you actually start listening for it. Generally speaking if you listen for it you can hear pick noise in a lot of professional recordings as well.
Honestly, I don't think it's a problem here. I've heard it way more noticeably in professional releases, and I really think it's just a bit more noticeable here than it would otherwise be because there's no electric rhythm guitars for it to blend into.
Thanks for all the answers, I guess I'm just over thinking it. It's annoying to me because once you hear it you can't unhear, but I guess I will leave it like that
Yeah, it's not that noticable, but try rolling back your tone, or treble or switch to your neck pickup.

Ps: I am not a fan of Coldplay, but your version was quite an enjoyable listen. Good job.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Try softening with a hard transient shaper and cut a bit of highs.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Try a different pick/place to pick on the strings. also, maybe a touch less gain?

Doesnt sound bad though, i didnt really notice the pick as being "annoying" or jumping out.
(signature removed, please choose another)