I use the tabs app for iphone a lot which I like. However, I often run into chords that are difficult to me, for example "cadd9/G" or "C/G" or "C/E". When I click on the chord in the app it just displays a normal "C" when I click "C/G" and so on. So the app does not display the difficult chords correct then, right? Where do I best find how to play these chords? Different websites seem to give me different answers on different chords.
All the number on the other side of the / tells you is you're adding a bass note that's not the root. They're not actually hard to play in most situations.

For example, a C/G is played

A C/E is just a C major played with the low E string open rather than muted.

Cadd9/G is

Hi, I'm Peter
The best way is to learn some theory so you know what these sets of seemingly arbitrary symbols mean and you can figure out how to play chords like these on your own.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Boye
I use the tabs app for iphone a lot which I like. However, I often run into chords that are difficult to me, for example "cadd9/G" or "C/G" or "C/E". When I click on the chord in the app it just displays a normal "C" when I click "C/G" and so on. So the app does not display the difficult chords correct then, right? Where do I best find how to play these chords? Different websites seem to give me different answers on different chords.

The reason for different depictions is that their are a multitude of ways to voice a particular chord. It's up to you to figure out the best voicing by ear commonly it is the "open voicing". There are 12 pitches in the Chromatic Scale and 12 Chords based on those pitches and numerous voicings per chord. There are the typical "open chords" for G, C, A, E, D and Barre chords for F and B. The reason for them not showing up properly is people on tabs is people not defining the chord in the proper format. For example "C / G" is going to show a C diagram not a "C/G"

http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/

or get a pocket chord dictionary to keep in your guitar case, there are plenty of them out there.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.