Short Version: I need a cheap guitar I can use for recording. I'm mostly concerned with playability. My current amp is cheap.

So I've been playing Bass for 10 years and have a basic rig for that, ESP LTD F5-E, Ampeg PF 350 and PF115.

I recently got more interested in guitar as well and My friend sold me a REALLY crappy Epiphone SG "Special" Proline (which should be called ANYTHING but Pro) and a functional yet limited Line 6 Spider II 15w for $40 all together.

I would like something a bit better as far as the guitar, which i think should come first before a new amp, though I desperately need both. I would consider myself an intermediate guitarist and an advanced bassist. I don't have a lot of money to spend on the guitar, maybe $600. The best guitar I ever played IMO was a PRS custom-24, but I don't have 2k+

Not that is matters much but I'll mostly be playing metal stuff like King Diamond, Megadeth, Iron Maiden - and a little bit of Al Di Meola.

Does anyone have some input regarding affordable guitars that would suit my needs?
PRS makes a$600 SE Custom 24. That would be a good place to start if you liked the USA version.
Quote by dspellman
Check your PMs.

Empty...
Last edited by Trisethatops at Jan 29, 2014,
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!