I was looking for something sounding like a Dual Rectifier in a pedal for my AC30.
I need that heavier, less mids sound (not entirely scooped, I just don't need a mids boost!). I'm need this for a pop punk band I'm playing with right now, who play stuff similar to All Time Low and Mayday Parade.

I know the All Time Low guitarist uses a Dual Rec as well.

My budget is probably under $250.

Cheers
Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.
Wampler Triple Wreck is, as name suggest, Triple Rectifier in a box. Propably the closest thing you are looking for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMQr89MGr1Y

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Jan 23, 2014,
The AMT R1 is also a Rectifier pedal and the recordings I've heard of it sound fantastic, along with the rest of the Legend series.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
The AMT R1 is also a Rectifier pedal and the recordings I've heard of it sound fantastic, along with the rest of the Legend series.

I have the E1, it's awesome. Presumably the R1 is too.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
I've used the Wampler. I've also got a Mesa Triaxis for comparison. Wampler''s a pretty amazing pedal.
Cheers guys I'll look into the triple wreck! Although the AMT is quite a lot cheaper and is actually within the budget. Has anyone had experience with that?
Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.
Last edited by Volcz at Jan 24, 2014,
Another thing on the cheap!
Joyo american sound.

Though from what I've heard, it doesn't do high gain THAT well.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Volcz
Cheers guys I'll look into the triple wreck! Although the AMT is quite a lot cheaper and is actually within the budget. Has anyone had experience with that?

No experience myself, but I've heard some clips of it recorded directly out of the cab emulated output and I was actually REALLY impressed by it. Reviews on the AMT pedals seem to be raving and considering it's less than half the price of the Wampler and they usually go fast if they're listed used, there's not a whole lot to lose...

Also, check out the R2, it's got a few more features that could come in handy, and is only a little more

Another option is the Mesa V-Twin pedal. It's an all-tube preamp/pedal, but it's even more than the Wampler
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
The V-Twins are a bit dark, and didn't sound all that much like a rectifier IMHO. I had two of them in the past. I compared my last one to a Triple Rec using the preamp out on the Rec and running the pedal through amps.

Also, a lot the distortion comes from a clipping diode, whether that matters or not to you. They are a bit pricey, and are built like tanks.
Quote by KLanh
How about the Mesa Throttle Box? Has anyone tried the pedal to see if it's like a recto in a box?

The clips on Sweetwater sound pretty cool, but it doesn't sound much like a Recto to me

In this comparison, the R1 doesn't have as much sag as the Recto pre, but I actually like its tone better... so...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfGI-zbBsMc

Honestly, it's that sag that's hardest to replicate. There's not many amps that can do it, but then that's also the number one factor as to why many people don't like the Recto in the first place.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
The clips on Sweetwater sound pretty cool, but it doesn't sound much like a Recto to me

In this comparison, the R1 doesn't have as much sag as the Recto pre, but I actually like its tone better... so...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfGI-zbBsMc

Honestly, it's that sag that's hardest to replicate. There's not many amps that can do it, but then that's also the number one factor as to why many people don't like the Recto in the first place.

The R1 totally won in my opinion It actually sounded a tiny bit better than my E1...
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay