Sup guys so i plan on ordering a ton of used pedals soon and so far on my list i have a ch-1 super chorus a tu-2 tuning pedal some kind of over drive a wah and maybe some type of eq. what i want to know is what is a good wah that is not going to break the bank for metal stuff crazy solos (slash kirk hammet). and the other thing i would like to know is what could i use an eq for? what do they do and if i would get one would it be useful? Thanks!
I have the Morley Bad Horsie 2, and it is a great wah. I paid $65 for it used at GC online. It has a classic wah setting and a contour wah setting. And it comes on when your foot is on the pedal so no toe tapping (which I love)

Actually any Morley used would be nice. The Morley power wah is a nice one to look at also
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
So it has like a sensor to know when your foot is on it? and what about eq? i heard the fish n chips one is pretty good.
Quote by ENISA
So it has like a sensor to know when your foot is on it? and what about eq? i heard the fish n chips one is pretty good.

I'd get a used boss or DOD before the FnC. The FnC is a nice EQ but it is in a plastic case, that ruins it for me. But if you want to save cash it will work just fine

Yes the Morley has an optical lense that senses the sweep so there is also no pot to wear out which means they last a long time
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Jan 23, 2014,
It isnt going any where just staying in my room so i dont know if it really matter if its plastic or not.
Then the plastic will be fine.

I had an original cry baby and it was alright, but it struggled with hi-gain. I got a Marley Bad Horsie 2 wah and I could not be happier. I have a regular wah for the more classic things and a adjustable contour wah for my hi-gain uses. and it was $65 used
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
What you should get if you're looking to cover a lot of ground with pedals, is a delay (I personally think that they're essential pedals), and/or a reverb, depending on what styles you play most. Delay works for almost any genre, reverb doesn't as much.

As for the Crybaby's, again IMO, they don't have a large enough sweep or that there isn't enough resistance, for me, in the pedal. If you want to have a wah, the GCB-95 is good. I bought mine to have that option. But if you NEED a wah, you could do better.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
What about some of the vox wahs? im seeing a few on guitar center for 50 bucks used not sure if they are good tho
They are OK, but nothing special.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by ENISA

the morley wahs are excellent. the fish and chips is okay, but the footswitch is crap and dodgy. look at a used boss ge-7.

and boss sd-1 overdrive is good and cheap.
Is the extra 20 bucks or so worth getting a boss eq? and it seems that the morley wahs are pretty big and expensive i would like to get something that is about 50 bucks or so to try it out.
Yeah for the extra $20 I'd get the Boss. You can try a cry baby or Vox, they are not bad, but I prefer Morley
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
maybe ill just skip on the wah get a boss ge-7 a ch-1 and a tu-2. also do you think i should get a sd-1 to tighten up my gain and even get a little more or do you think its fine without one with the ultra?
Quote by ENISA
maybe ill just skip on the wah get a boss ge-7 a ch-1 and a tu-2. also do you think i should get a sd-1 to tighten up my gain and even get a little more or do you think its fine without one with the ultra?

I own a Digitech Bad Monkey, and one of the things I like about it is the bass and treble knob, versus the more standard, single "tone" knob. I feel like it give you that extra option, versus a single tone sweep to try and find the sweet spot you like.

Again, if it were me, I would skip getting a chorus and get a delay instead.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Im actually getting a chorus for metallica cleans. and im seeing that the bad monkey is only about 30 bucks used.
Quote by ENISA
Im actually getting a chorus for metallica cleans. and im seeing that the bad monkey is only about 30 bucks used.

Another great thing about the Bad Monkey is that it has that Boss kind of build quality. I'm not the biggest fan of the footswitch hinges that you have to press in to get to the battery, but just plug it into a 9V adapter.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Yeah i think ill get a used one if i dont like it i can just return it to GC
I'd get a Bad Monkey way before I would a SD-1.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
For purely home use I'd go for the Dano Fish & Chips instead of a noisy as **** GE-7.

The biggest problem I have with the Dano is the layout. It's too easy to hit the sliders with your foot during a gig but at home that shouldn't be an issue. Sonically the F&C kicks the Boss's arse. The Boss is way more rugged and ergonomic but that's it.

The Bad Monkey is a good pedal. It does suck a little tone but nothing that a tweak of the presence knob can't rectify. I use one.
The SD-1 is a good pedal too but hard to justify the price over a Bad Monkey. If I had my druthers, I'd druther have a Green Rhino.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
this comes a little late, but what is your budget? 200? 500? etc.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Robbgnarly
I'd get a Bad Monkey way before I would a SD-1.

+1

Quote by Cathbard
For purely home use I'd go for the Dano Fish & Chips instead of a noisy as **** GE-7.

The biggest problem I have with the Dano is the layout. It's too easy to hit the sliders with your foot during a gig but at home that shouldn't be an issue. Sonically the F&C kicks the Boss's arse. The Boss is way more rugged and ergonomic but that's it.

The Bad Monkey is a good pedal. It does suck a little tone but nothing that a tweak of the presence knob can't rectify. I use one.
The SD-1 is a good pedal too but hard to justify the price over a Bad Monkey. If I had my druthers, I'd druther have a Green Rhino.

I've owned two GE-7s (one Taiwanese and one Japanese), and I own the Fish & Chips right now. I completely agree with everything Cath has said here.

As for OD, the Bad Monkey is the only pedal worth considering on the cheap, IMO.

I like the CH-1 chorus, I think it's extremely good, if not the best for the price you can get them. I like them objectively too, regardless of price. That said, the Chorus I have/use is a BBE Mind Bender, and I am absolutely in love with it. One of my favorite pedals I have ever owned. Might be more than you want to spend though.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X