So me and my bandmates from my old band are already late to a gig. Well anyway we have to go to the drummer's house to get his drumset. But the door was locked and nobody was home! So we had to climb up in the window on the second floor and get them. So when we get to the venue, we find out our bassist got busted for pot possession and we had to play without a bassist. Soon after that we realized we left all our drummer's cymbals at his house. We almost didn't play but we had to beg another local band to let us borrow their cymbals. Then we started playing, and the singer had no water so his voice was cracking and really screechy and he was off key really bad. My guitar wouldn't stay in tune so it sounded super bad. The drummer couldn't hear any of us so we were all off time. It was horrible. Just when things couldn't get any worse, our singer asked the crowd if they liked Asking Alexandria. Everyone started booing and throwing shit at us. We got off the stage at the point. We went home lol. It was a 45 minute drive from our town. The end.
I think the only trouble I ever had at a gig was this time we had just finished playing our set, and the next band was about to go on. We were packing up but then the guys from the other band started asking us to lend them some cymbals, so we finally did. But to get back at them we planted some pot in their bassist's case and he got busted, so we were out some pot.
Hahah oh man, that sucks dude! But its pretty funny i must admit. My worst gig and only gig was for a fund raiser back in high school. We were covering Rope by the Foo Fighters. What went wrong was we didn't sound check so i barely heard myself playing and i had to do that "CHOKE" part and sounded loke scooby doo when i tried it. During rehersals i would go really high-pitched too but hey, im not a vocalist. Then our actual vocalist was basically yelling everything he sang but he was great for showmanship for the most part. It qas really the drummer and our lead guitarist who were the stars of thay night. But nonetheless it's an awesome memory.
Maybe if you weren't such a ganja fiend you could function enough to not suck at everything you do
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by RylanThePotato
Maybe if you weren't such a ganja fiend you could function enough to not suck at everything you do

This.

get help clark
To quote myself, from an unrelated thread a while back...

Quote by me

Warning: Imminent Wall-of-text!

I can't necessarily recall the worst public toilet I've ever seen, but the worst I've ever used (bearing in mind I almost always avoid using anything but urinals in public toilets, and this isn't against the pub, great place in general) was at Bannerman's in Edinburgh. It was the 4th night of our tour last December; due to travelling a lot I'd only eaten service station food and Subway subs for the previous few days, and think I had jalapenos or other spicy stuff at least three meals in 48hrs... and basically I had the shits.

Not just a bad stomach - the full-blown, backdoor curry, inverted volcano, destroying-the-one-ring laval explosion... shits.

As we set up for soundcheck, all was eerily content - some call it the calm before the storm, I believe - I was a little hungry, but otherwise felt in reasonably good health. The place was a bit quiet, but that can be expected for a Sunday night in December. Soundcheck was reasonably successful, and aside from explaining to someone from another band about which speaker input to use on my cab for his head, I was able to leave shortly after and forage for whatever nutritious morsels Edinburgh could offer (for those foreigners amongst you - in the UK, not much is open other than pubs on a Sunday night, as we have a wonderful [read: shit] law limiting shops to six hours of opening on a Sunday, which leads to post-apocalyptic desertion in most city centres after 4 o'clock).

Alas, all we could find was a Subway (again *sigh*) so my bowels were in for another serving of fiery stomach-churning jalapenos. Of course, a sensible-neigh-normal person would probably have opted to leave them out on this occasion but no - we were men of metal and rock and stupidity so we bravely decided to risk the rougher road of potential rectal trauma.

After eating the aforementioned 'food', we returned to the venue for the night and watched the opening local-ish support band. Pretty awesome, and nice guys too ('Dirty Rose', for anyone feigning interest at this point). It was about the time they announced their last song that I first experienced that painfully-familiar churning of the abdomen that usually signals an appointment with the porcelain throne, but no - not today; this was music time. Instead of frying the toilet lining, I must first fry faces with my guitar and such.

On came our intro cd, and before I knew it I was playing the intro to the opening track... to a room of bewildered and (hopefully) intrigued scots. The first song went well, and the second one too... third flew by like a breeze (poor drummer, he caught that one in the face as I bent forward to headbang) and the fourth was when the crowd started to try and sing along to the choruses, despite not knowing any of the words and being unsure of the arrangements. As we continued, there were more expulsions of noxious gas casually aimed away from the audience - now you know why drummers pull such stange faces, eh - and we were feeling awesome.

And then it struck - that moment you are all aware of, yet hope it will never happen to you again - yes, that moment where you go to break wind and come so close to shitting yourself that you can barely stop yourself dropping to your knees and pleading to any observant deity that you will never try to break wind again if they keep your insides inside you. (I can confirm that on later inspection I hadn't touched cloth, although I am fairly certain a giant turtle popped his head out for a breath of air).

From this point on, the gig was a bit of a haze to me (possibly the toxic fumes, who knows - I'm no scientist) and I was extremely glad when we hit the last note and turned around to turn off the amps. Now here's where it would have been great if we were a big band, with roadies and stage crew, or were headlining the tour (ex-Iron Maiden's Blaze Bayley had that particular pleasure) - when a reasonably established band leaves the stage, excluding set-ups for a staged encore everyone knows is happening, there is a whirlwind of activity as their road crew pack away all the gear in next to no time, leaving space for the headline band and their equipment to be mic'd up.

This didn't happen - as is the case for (probably) 99% of us on here, we had to pack our own gear down ASAP to allow for a speedy changeover.

So, whilst clinging (metaphorically) to the thought that I could manage and keep my underwear clean for the next 15mins before I would reach the sanctity of a toilet, I packed away my gear faster than I ever had before. I even cursed myself for having brought a back-up guitar out of its case ("Why couldn't you just risk leaving it in the minibus tonight?!") and before I knew it I was finally within the disgusting-but-comforting confines of a small 4'x3'x6' cubicle and dropping anchor in poo harbour.

I cannot describe the sudden urge of relief I felt at this moment, but I can assure you that if that is what anal sex feels like I can kinda see half of the appeal some men have to practising rear penetration (I jest, I think). After a few moments to compose myself, I stood up to admire my craftsmanshit and realised that I had barely made an impact on what was essentially the world's filthiest toilet since Ug discovered his sense of smell back in 10,000 BC. This cubicle was, quite literally, a shithole and I could only thank my own foresight for blanketing the toilet seat with toilet paper before resting my tired buttocks down. The toilet paper buffer I placed in the 'dropzone' acted as a nice guard against splashback, and I have to say I survived the incident relatively unscathed, but from now on I know one more important lesson in life...

White men shouldn't eat spicy food too many times in quick succession, if they aren't within rearshot of a well-maintained toilet.

Sorry for anyone who actually bothered to read all that
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
I haven't played at many gigs, all of them that I have played at (3), have been great. Me and my friends are great though.
My worst gig was at some contest we played. They said we'd have 25 minutes to set our stuff up, then play. After 5 minutes of building up the drums, they came to us ,, you play NOW!'' without any reason. So we kind of had to play out of nothing, no tuned guitars, barely set up drums, no soundcheck. The sound guy cut our intro off halfway it was through. The monitors only had bass guitar, every request from us to turn up the vocals and the guitar caused the sound guy to turn up the bass even more. As soon as we wanted to tune our guitars between the songs, they interrupted us, telling us ,, to go on playing NOW'' or otherwise we'd have to leave the stage. That sh*t went on for 4 songs. Then my monitor stopped working, while the only thing you heard on the rest of the stage was bass guitar, no matter how often we told that guy what to do. As soon as we finished our 5. song, they interrupted us again ,, Can't you even tune your guitars? This is the most amateurish thing ever'' That was it, we went freaking mad, smashed one of the monitors, threw the mics and some stuff into the crowd and left.
But sh*t wasn't finished - the other bands saw what just happend and started to boycott the whole thing, so the contest guys came up to us and went f*cking apesh*t on us, our singer then punched the sound guy in the face and things just got bigger and bigger, causing kind of a big brawl.
That was one hell of a rough night.
Error 404 - Signature not available.
Last edited by Oh_My_Goth at Jan 24, 2014,
Wow you're so cool for standing up to them like that.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
A drummer friend and I volunteered to play an hour slot for a Christmas open house at a local museum (it's really just a super old house that's decorated for the time period and they let people walk around) and we definitely did not rehearse enough. We only had enough songs for about half an hour and I'm sure even those sounded sloppy.

Luckily, while we were talking between songs, some middle-aged couple walked up and asked if they could play a few tunes. They played the other half hour, my friend and I played Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer one more time, and we were done.

The guy that played after us just crooned some Christmas classics over prerecorded music, so it probably made us look even worse in comparison.
Quote by chev311e
If you didn't shit on people's doors this would never have happened.

Well to be fair, after that whole incident, it turned out, these guys had betrayed every band and collected money from us, where they weren't even allowed to and pretty much broke with all the deals that where made. All 5 bands got together and sued them; and well, now they're not setting up that contest anymore.
But yeah, we kind of caused some sh*t, true.
( well okay; I wasn't even taking part in that fight, I'm way to much of a pussy to punch people )
Error 404 - Signature not available.
Last edited by Oh_My_Goth at Jan 24, 2014,
Played a NYE frontyard show in the hood, in front of an elementary school. It was fun during my band's set, that's it. Plus we got free food, so yeeeee
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
My worst gig was approximately as bad as my best gig because I've never had a gig.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
My worst gig still needs to happen
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
We played some shitty event with some awful organisation in the middle of nowhere that got some pretty popular local bands to play somehow. Basically no one showed up. Like no one. Our sound guy was drunk and he mixed me out of existence - I might as well have not been playing. Overall it was just a horrible vibe and I Left the band 2 days later.
My band was invited to play at a festival in Detroit (we were from Columbus, Ohio.) Supposed to be 3-5 thousand people at the show. So we make the 3 1/2 hour drive up there and when we get to the gate, our band wasn't on the list. After making a phone call and getting approval, the security guard lets us in. After we find the guy in charge, he tells us to set up in this auditorium, rather than the main stage. When we ask him what time we're supposed to play, he says, "whenever you're ready." The auditorium is pretty much empty, except for a few people just kind of wandering through. The guy in charge comes back to check on us, sees that we're ready and tells us to go ahead and play. There's two girls sitting in the front row - that's it. We're like, "don't you want to announce that we're playing, so that we're not just playing for 2 people? He assures us that once we start, others will come in. So we start playing...he was right, 4 or 5 more people came in and maybe another 4 by the end of our set.
When we were done, we ask about getting paid and the guy tells us that our hotel rooms are paid for. So we drove over 200 miles to play for a "crowd" of 10-12, and got nothing.
I'd like to help, but not as much as I'd like not to.

"To be successful, you need to be a good musician. To be popular, you just need to be fashionable" - Ritchie Blackmore
It wasn't really bad... just... . We were all like 16, in a black metal band, get invited to play a metal show with a bunch of metalcore bands and scenster kids. The act before us actually had their shit together and they sounded awesome and had a great stage presence, then we get set up and start tremolo picking and growling over blastbeats and watched everyone leave the room. So in a way it was a bad gig, but I guess it's to be expected. Some 10 dudes or so who were into heavier stuff (based on their t shirts) stuck around and said we weren't bad, but we probably emptied out at least 80% of the crowd.
Listen. I'm sorry.
I once played a gig where (I was a drummer at this point) I left my bass drum pedal at home by accident, and none of the 3 bands also playing would lend me one, so we couldn't play, we just had to go home. It also turned out the promoter hadn't told the other bands we were playing as it was an 'out of town' gig, so they had no clue who we were or that we were playing.
Caution:
This post contains my opinion and/or inaccurate information

Quote by vayne92
I'm genuinely beginning to think you're the best troll of all time

"Emocore is like, when you cry when you break a guitar string"
- Thurston Moore
Quote by vilk
It wasn't really bad... just... . We were all like 16, in a black metal band, get invited to play a metal show with a bunch of metalcore bands and scenster kids. The act before us actually had their shit together and they sounded awesome and had a great stage presence, then we get set up and start tremolo picking and growling over blastbeats and watched everyone leave the room. So in a way it was a bad gig, but I guess it's to be expected. Some 10 dudes or so who were into heavier stuff (based on their t shirts) stuck around and said we weren't bad, but we probably emptied out at least 80% of the crowd.

I was pretty much going to post exactly this.
I WAS BORN
THE SON OF THE SON OF GOD
just gonna c/p this from an old thread

>get booked at a bar that has banned us from playing
>play under different name
>get too smashed before we go on
>get into bar fight with tweaker skinhead
>gash wrist on a broken bottle
>he gets kicked out
>i have to play bleeding everywhere
>we make up songs, play covers we dont know on the spot, do a 12 minute version of "starshine" by gorillaz, and generally piss everyone off (were a punk band by the way, so slow music isnt that great)
>another band drops out
>we play 2 sets harassing everyone
>pass out for a minute
>get booed
>start more fights

we got banned again from entering the premises and they didnt pay us...

I got a fancy pic of the wrist gash too, but idk if thats allowed
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
In the late 70's I went on the road with a band that was very popular in the NY/NJ area. The band played ZZ Top, Foghat, Bad Company and a number of originals that were really good. We now call this music classic rock, but it was new then. I joined at the last minute before the band was booked to go out across the US for about 3 months playing what I was told were only the best clubs and opening for a few up and coming acts with real record deals. We played in NJ on a Sunday afternoon in Long Branch the Gangplank a nice big club at the Jersey shore (yes I'm sure Bruce and Southside played there many times). After the gig and about 4 hours sleep we left for "our tour". We had to be in Denver, Co by Tuesday night for the first gig of a two week 6 night a week job. We drove straight through to Denver switching off driving duties between two vans (one with people, one with equipment and towing a trailer. We got to Denver at 6:00 at night. Our (asshole) manager goes into the club and comes out after about 15 minutes and said we were fired because our contract stipulated that we had to be there on Tuesday at 3:00 to set up and go over things with their in house sound engineer. After a great deal begging and pleading the clubs manager said we could play that night but we better be great because he already made arrangements with a popular local band to take our place. During our set up I fell of the side of the stage and sprained my ankle badly and it I swelled so bad I couldn't put a shoe on. To cut-to-the-chase, after almost three days of driving the whole band was exhausted and on top of that we were expected to play 6 sets until 2:30 in the morning. We pretty much sucked and were fired again at the end of the night. Now here we are in Denver with no money, no hotel and no gigs for the next two weeks until our next booking in Omaha. God damn, I love show business!!
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Jan 24, 2014,
Quote by DempseyPunk

>we make up songs, play covers we dont know on the spot, do a 12 minute version of "starshine" by gorillaz, and generally piss everyone off (were a punk band by the way, so slow music isnt that great)

That sounds fucking awesome.
Any that the lead guitarist showed up for. Nobhead couldn't keep in time to save his life. He even went out of time in the recording studio so many times that I had to play his part.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by DempseyPunk
just gonna c/p this from an old thread

>get booked at a bar that has banned us from playing
>play under different name
>get too smashed before we go on
>get into bar fight with tweaker skinhead
>gash wrist on a broken bottle
>he gets kicked out
>i have to play bleeding everywhere
>another band drops out
>we play 2 sets harassing everyone
>pass out for a minute
>get booed
>start more fights

we got banned again from entering the premises and they didnt pay us...

I got a fancy pic of the wrist gash too, but idk if thats allowed

So basically, you are (or at least were) a complete bellend? Sounds like a very bad gig, to me...

Edit: Also, I'm aware that may sound a bit harsh but I have no time for people who think being in a band is about ruining everybody else's night. At the end of the day, all the bands you (presumably) look(ed) up to when you were a kid had enough professionalism to perform their music well enough to get the point across with the attitude, and were the ones creating the scene. Until you've made a name for yourself, nobody wants to see a bunch of drunk kids acting like wannabe rockstars and acting like morons, especially if they haven't heard of your band before then.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
feels like im seeing The Wall being performed this thread

dem walls of text.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash