I bought a new Peavey vypyr 30, new Scheter Damien 6 and a Fender Cable. When I switch to distortion, there is always a buzzing sound coming from the amp, even when I am not playing. If my touch my guitar knobs, or press down on the strings at the bridg, the sound stops.

Is my amp bad? Is my guitar bad? Is my cable bad? AM I BAD!
Schecter Damien 6

Peavey Vypyr 30
Your guitar has a grounding issue.

Your guitar is the hardtail version, right?

Open up the control panel on the back, there should be a wire coming out through a small hole drilled in the top of the guitar. This is your ground wire, it connects to your bridge, and should go to the back of your volume or tone pot. This has most likely come disconnected somehow (very common on cheap guitars). Find that and solder it back on, and your problem will be gone.

Also possible any of your ground wires have come disconnected. Each of your pickups has one, they're probably grounded to the back of your volume pot. One of these is the culprit.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Your guitar has a grounding issue.

Your guitar is the hardtail version, right?

Open up the control panel on the back, there should be a wire coming out through a small hole drilled in the top of the guitar. This is your ground wire, it connects to your bridge, and should go to the back of your volume or tone pot. This has most likely come disconnected somehow (very common on cheap guitars). Find that and solder it back on, and your problem will be gone.

Also possible any of your ground wires have come disconnected. Each of your pickups has one, they're probably grounded to the back of your volume pot. One of these is the culprit.

Yes Ihave the hardtail version.

I am not in the mood to open up my new guitar so I will go back to the shop and get them to do it.

Are you sure the above steps will solve the issue?
Schecter Damien 6

Peavey Vypyr 30
Offworld92, are you sure its not just noise from him having the distortion on?
Quote by 757ian123
Offworld92, are you sure its not just noise from him having the distortion on?

Quote by Ayushyadav
If my touch my guitar knobs, or press down on the strings at the bridg, the sound stops.

I'd say he's pretty sure...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Ayushyadav
Yes Ihave the hardtail version.

I am not in the mood to open up my new guitar so I will go back to the shop and get them to do it.

Are you sure the above steps will solve the issue?

If you go to a shop, just tell them the problems you're having the way you wrote them here. Say you think your guitar has a grounding issue, it buzzes but stops when you touch metal, etc.. They should be able to fix it for you in a matter of minutes.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X