I need a new cab for my bugera 333 head since I just started playing again after a few year and sold most of my equipment.

I'm thinking about spending only 100eu since the cab will only be used for home playing (atm).

I play mostly prog rock, post rock and some old school heavy metal (think dream theater, coheed and cambria, baroness, mastodon, cult of luna, megadeth, metallica,...).

So which one would you guys recommend me?

- harley benton 212 loaded with celestion V30's (closed back)

- custom oversized cab loaded with one jensen c12k (open back)

- alternatives?

both are used and both sellers agreed for 100eu.

many thanks
Quote by hendrikvdst
I need a new cab for my bugera 333 head since I just started playing again after a few year and sold most of my equipment.

I'm thinking about spending only 100eu since the cab will only be used for home playing (atm).

I play mostly prog rock, post rock and some old school heavy metal (think dream theater, coheed and cambria, baroness, mastodon, cult of luna, megadeth, metallica,...).

So which one would you guys recommend me?

- harley benton 212 loaded with celestion V30's (closed back)

- custom oversized cab loaded with one jensen c12k (open back)

- alternatives?

both are used and both sellers agreed for 100eu.

many thanks

Harley Benton, don't know much about the Jensen speaker but it could put out too little for the amp to cope with. The Harley benton also has V30's which are pretty awesome for that head.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
333 amps sound good with V30's, that is my choice.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Fisheth24
Harley Benton, don't know much about the Jensen speaker but it could put out too little for the amp to cope with. The Harley benton also has V30's which are pretty awesome for that head.

Well, I've been thinking about that to. The amp itself is 120w and the speaker only a 100w and I don't know a lot about the technicalities of guitar cabs/amps. But shouldn't it be fine as long as I don't turn up the master volume to much?
Quote by hendrikvdst
Well, I've been thinking about that to. The amp itself is 120w and the speaker only a 100w and I don't know a lot about the technicalities of guitar cabs/amps. But shouldn't it be fine as long as I don't turn up the master volume to much?

Yes. However, even if you ever get a bright idea that you want to blow your speakers for reason or another I bet you will run out of guts and make your eardrums explode before you approach the limits of 100w cab.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
yeah the harley benton. I haven't tried the c12k but i'm guessing it's aimed at very different tones to the ones you want. Fender puts them in the deluxe reverb and twin reissues, if that tells you anything.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The c12k is very vintage and breaks up early... Vintage 30 all the way.
I have the Harley Benton and for the genres you specified (given the amp is a 333), that would be your best option.

Judging by your name (also Belgian?) and the euro currency, I think I know what 112 C12K cab you're talking about; or it's a huge coincidence that I know someone who is selling a 112 C12K cab for a 100 euros also. :P If it's J-P selling it, he's a good guy, btw. The V30 is the better choice though.