Would it damage a guitar to have it hanging on a wall with an open fire in the room?

Hi all, I'm moving into a new house and its pretty small so to save floor space it was suggested I maybe hang my guitars on the wall. Now the house is an old red brick so the walls are solid which means they can get quite cold at times (though the guitar wouldn't be touching it directly)
The room has central heating and it also has a fire place which i intend to use. I was just wondering if having a guitar on the wall of a house which is quite cold, which will then be heated by a radiator or fire, would do it any damage?
If it would be exposed to regular temperature fluctuations, then yes, you run the risk of damaging it since the wood would be expanding and contracting.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Caso83
Hi all, I'm moving into a new house and its pretty small so to save floor space it was suggested I maybe hang my guitars on the wall. Now the house is an old red brick so the walls are solid which means they can get quite cold at times (though the guitar wouldn't be touching it directly)
The room has central heating and it also has a fire place which i intend to use. I was just wondering if having a guitar on the wall of a house which is quite cold, which will then be heated by a radiator or fire, would do it any damage?

The best chance you'd have is maintainance on your guitars every other week and hang them as far away as possible. Maybe put the gigbags around them when you hang them and THEN turn on the fireplace. that should protect them a bit. Although it might not look so cool.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
It really depends on how much the temperature and humidity will fluctuate.

In practice in a reasonably comfortable home, probably not.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I would think that it would be fine as long as you don't keep it directly above the fireplace. When i was at uni my room was cold as hell in the winter but when i turned my heater on it warmed up pretty quick, and my guitar didn't really suffer too much.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by Caso83
Hi all, would lighting my guitars on fire damage them?

Yes you idiot
"This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded
This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded."