The article

So the Kansas court system ruled that sperm donor, William Marotta, must pay child support for the daughter of a now divorced couple who received his sperm.

The couple did the insemination from their home and because it was not done under a physician's guidance Marotta's documentations waiving his parental rights are viewed as invalid to the state.

Marotta was unaware that the insemination was done without a physician. He simply mailed his sperm to the couple.

So Pit, is it right that the sperm donor has to pay child support even though he waived his parental rights?
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
He's stupid. He answered a Craigslist ad. Who donates sperm to someone because of a Craigslist ad?
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2
He's stupid. He answered a Craigslist ad. Who donates sperm to someone because of a Craigslist ad?

any excuse to rub one out is a good one

He deserves it yes. Sperm banks are there for a reason.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
lol fail
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Most sperm banks state that you aren't responsible for the child unless you and the child mutually agree to become non-anonymous.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
this is ****ing stupid, **** the government on this shit.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
he was dumb, the couple was dumb, the ruling is dumb
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
How can you expect a man to be held responsible for his sperm after it leaves his pee pee?

Excuse me, but I believe the correct word is Tally Whacker.
I would like to meet one of the children that spawn from my sperm.

But only if they are female, and hot, and tell me before the sex that they are my child.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by KerNeL_KLuTcH
this is ****ing stupid, **** the government on this shit.

This. Also I bet any women involved in this case are crazy feminists.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by Neo Evil11
I would like to meet one of the children that spawn from my sperm.

But only if they are female, and hot, and tell me before the sex that they are my child.

Two things: you're children won't be hot, and no hot female would have sex with you.
Asked whether, knowing what he now knows, he would answer the advertisement again, Marotta said, "Probably not."

"Probably," I'm dying.
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
he was dumb, the couple was dumb, the ruling is dumb

Pretty much this. Stupidity all round.
Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan
Quote by caeser1156
Marotta was unaware that the insemination was done without a physician. He simply mailed his sperm to the couple.

So Pit, is it right that the sperm donor has to pay child support even though he waived his parental rights?

Who do you imagine is going to be on the other side of this issue?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
so gross ;_;

that dude could have had anything ;_;
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by caeser1156
The couple did the insemination from their home and because it was not done under a physician's guidance Marotta's documentations waiving his parental rights are viewed as invalid to the state.

He clearly didn't though did he. I could get my write "I'm allowed to take your money from your bank" on a napkin and get one of my friends to sign it, but that doesn't give me legal power of attorney.

Not that it makes the parents of the child any less shitty for breaking a casual agreement, but legally, there's **** all you can do about it and there are plenty of rules in place to prevent situations like this, but none of these dumb bastards followed any of them.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
... So he had a multi-thousand dollar wank?
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

To the pit because i don't feel like doing real life.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
Two things: you're children won't be hot, and no hot female would have sex with you.

Maybe they get their genes from their mother, and hot women do have sex with me. This one time I was having some fondue with this girl and she got it all over her and I ****ed her. She was pretty smoking at that point I tell you.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ