Are they any good..?

I've been looking for a cheap entry level Floyd Rose guitar and found one (of eight) on eBay for the bargain price of 63 quid plus 17 quid postage so 80 quid altogether. They're Chord CSS78-BK guitars with a licenced Floyd Rose and Wilkinson pickups and retail on average for 200 quid, cheapest I've seen is 150 quid.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post the eBay link..?

I thought for a licenced Floyd Rose trem and Wilkinson pickups 80 quid was a pretty good deal. They're new but have been sitting in a warehouse somewhere so it's going to need a clean and restring but can't imagine them being in too bad a state.

Has anyone played one of these particular guitars before or even any other Chord guitar..? Are they any good..? I've never heard of the make until today but am guessing that neither Floyd Rose or Wilkinson would let their stuff be used on guitars that are a complete pile of old pants..?
I've never tried them but I think they're meant to be pretty cheap. The pedals are rebranded daphons as far as i'm aware.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yup, like I said they average 200 quid online. But for 80 quid including postage you can't go too far wrong I reckon...especially seeing as they have licenced HSH Wilkinson pickups and a licenced Floyd Rose trem. If I don't like it that much I should be able to get my money back by taking it apart and selling the bits separately.

I've never gone anywhere near a Floyd Rose guitar before...are they easy enough to setup..? Like the truss rod, action and intonation..? I seem to remember hearing something about only having two or three settings for the action.

The listing said that they're new guitars but have been sitting in a warehouse for a while so will need cleaning and will need to be restrung. Hopefully the way they've been stored isn't going to affect the factory setup too much. I'm restringing with 9s so hopefully the factory setup is using the same gauge which should minimise any changes.

It's arriving on Tuesday or Wednesday with a bit of luck and will let you all know what sort of state it's in out of the box.
Quote by arv1971
Yup, like I said they average 200 quid online. But for 80 quid including postage you can't go too far wrong I reckon...especially seeing as they have licenced HSH Wilkinson pickups and a licenced Floyd Rose trem. If I don't like it that much I should be able to get my money back by taking it apart and selling the bits separately.

I've never gone anywhere near a Floyd Rose guitar before...are they easy enough to setup..? Like the truss rod, action and intonation..? I seem to remember hearing something about only having two or three settings for the action.

The listing said that they're new guitars but have been sitting in a warehouse for a while so will need cleaning and will need to be restrung. Hopefully the way they've been stored isn't going to affect the factory setup too much. I'm restringing with 9s so hopefully the factory setup is using the same gauge which should minimise any changes.

It's arriving on Tuesday or Wednesday with a bit of luck and will let you all know what sort of state it's in out of the box.

Arrrgh. For starters, any resemblance to the "factory setup" is probably long gone if they need cleaning, ferchrissakes. And my guess is that the "factory setup" was limited to putting the strings on and then slinging it into the box.

And "licensed" Floyds/Wilkinsons are likely not a good thing. The "licensed" bit means that someone somewhere MAY have paid a licensing fee to prevent being sued, but that the trem that's on the guitar could easily be worth about a nickel. Once the licensing fee was paid, Floyd didn't care much what you actually put out. And in that price range they could be built of prestressed bubblegum mixed with mattress mites. On a Floyd there are pretty much infinite settings for action, but the real question has more to do with whether the neck is straight, whether the frets are level, yada yada.
Blimey, chill out mate lol

Am new to this guitar lark, was a bass player about 20 years ago and never looked into setting up guitars or basses myself. I just used to take my bass to a shop to get it sorted. Used to have an acoustic guitar though.

Have just started playing again thanks to me finding two VERY cheap guitar kits (Harley Benton), an SG for around 60 quid and a Strat for around 50 quid.

Have just started playing Rocksmith so thought I'd get an upgrade!
That doesn't look like an upgrade.

In guitar terms, a £200 guitar is still a £200 guitar. You get what you pay for, in this case, it doesn't look like much.

You'll have a hard time selling it too. Buy once and buy quality.
I wouldn't trust any Floyd-type bridge on an £200 guitar, that's the cost of a decent Floyd bridge alone.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
You dont want any sort of trem for rocksmith. That game has you retuning your guitar a lot and there tuner is not designed for floyde rose guitars.
My plan is to tune it to standard tuning and switch to one of the others if I need to retune.

Plus I am intending to use the guitar outside of Rocksmith. I'm planning on writing a space rock opera, and some of the songs are going to need some dive bombing goodness.