It makes around a year that I'm GASing for a Caparison. The thing is that I don't have enough money to get one (for the next few years, stilla ttending university).

The DEG-QD-SSH looks very nice. I wanted to know if anyone played one, just to know how it is compare to "normal" caparison. I know it has a floud rose special, but I would swap it for an OFR.

So you opinion is welcome, but if you have reliable information of the craftmanship it is more than welcome

Thanks,
Heideck
Jackson DK2FS
Fernandes FR-65

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
Marshal 1922 2x12 (V-30, Greenback)
Save your money and don't make these "wish" threads
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Save your money and don't make these "wish" threads

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I have enough money for a C2 but not for an actual "normal" caparison
Jackson DK2FS
Fernandes FR-65

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
Hi mate, I'm a huge Caparison fan, but I gotta tell you, I don't think the C2 series has actually landed yet. It was delayed a while and is definitely getting close but I think only a handful of artists have played them so far. They had some prototype C2s at NAMM last year*, but I think since then they've moved a lot of the production back into Japan so those prototypes may not be the best indication.

For what it's worth I've heard good things as far as quality v. price goes.

*And looking at their facebook page now it seems there's more there right now too. so I guess maybe someone at NAMM has got their hands on them, I'm not sure?

tl:dr Not sure that many people in the world have had the chance to play these yet, so you might struggle to find reviews/opinions (I may be wrong though)
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by VVolverin3
Hi mate, I'm a huge Caparison fan, but I gotta tell you, I don't think the C2 series has actually landed yet. It was delayed a while and is definitely getting close but I think only a handful of artists have played them so far. They had some prototype C2s at NAMM last year*, but I think since then they've moved a lot of the production back into Japan so those prototypes may not be the best indication.

For what it's worth I've heard good things as far as quality v. price goes.

*And looking at their facebook page now it seems there's more there right now too. so I guess maybe someone at NAMM has got their hands on them, I'm not sure?

tl:dr Not sure that many people in the world have had the chance to play these yet, so you might struggle to find reviews/opinions (I may be wrong though)

Thanks mate,
they moved all the production back to Japan from what I've heard.
Jackson DK2FS
Fernandes FR-65

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
One more thing -- don't assume you're going to have to change out the Floyd. You're going to spend money with no discernible change in sound OR durability.

You might also take stock of something -- you're buying a guitar (and already considering buying a different trem) largely, it would seem, on the basis of Internet Foof. I have to admit I missed Caparison at NAMM this year. I've played exactly two, and found them very good guitars, but I have to caution you that the industry players who've made their reputation on hand-built high end guitars, and who've added a second asian-sourced line of cheaper guitars for potential customers who can't afford the good stuff have found it a mixed bag. Suhr, for example, started to bring in the Rasmus brand, but discontinued it. PRS have made a success of it, but their SE stuff doesn't do the PRS reputation any favors. And they've decided to add a third, US-sourced "middle" brand to go between the "real" PRS guitars and the Korean SE stuff.

My suggestion is to NOT buy an import based on the brand "halo" of the good stuff. It may be a great guitar and it may very well not. Assume that the first set of owners are going to give it glowing reviews, but watch for the second phase of these that can begin to talk honestly and objectively about any shortcomings.
^ That can actually work in your favour, though- shops here were blowing out the Rasmuses a year or two after they were first released. A similar thing might well happen with these C2s, and if they are genuinely made in Japan (granted, it may well be a different factory), the "genuine" caparisons are made in Japan too. That of course doesn't mean there's no risk that, as dspellman says, it could be a fair bit worse than the "genuine" ones, even if it is made in the same place. But it's (hopefully) less of an outsourced thing if it's still made in Japan- even if it's a different factory it's (presumably) a lot easier to visit it and inspect it etc. than one in a different country where they speak a different language etc.

I've only tried one Caparison- it seemed to be a nice guitar, but (at the time) I thought the price was crazy. It was like a nice Ibanez Prestige, but at the time an RG1570 was £400 while the Caparison was £1600 (and the Caparison price in Japan was half that, even allowing for shipping and VAT/Customs charges IIRC). Now they're £2000. EDIT: Just to clarify, I haven't tried the C2.

I guess... it depends on how badly you want one, how likely you ever are going to get a "real" Caparison etc. etc.

If you're dying for one, get one. It's a risk, but you know that going in.

To me, they look suspiciously like generic Japanese Jacksons (and I think I read somewhere that Caparison's founder used to work for Jackson in Japan). However, the word on the net was that the factory that made the Japanese Jacksons shut, so that doesn't make a whole heap of sense. But my point being, if they are of similar quality to the (bolt-on) Japanese Jacksons, while they'll probably be decent-to-good guitars, the guts of £1000 sounds very expensive.

Personally I'd wait a while and see what happens (though I should point out that I'm probably not dying for one as much as you are) . For the reasons dspellman said, and also because if these go the way of Rasmus (and they very well could, considering Caparison is a niche brand, arguably even more niche than Suhr), GuitarGuitar could well be blowing these out for £300 less than RRP in a year to 18 months' time.

The other thing is, depending on how much risk you're willing to take on, the Yen has been weakening for the past while. If you could find a Japanese shop willing to ship to you (I have no idea if Caparison stops them from shipping outside Japan, just to be clear), you might be able to get a genuine Caparison for not much more than the price of the C2 series, especially if the Yen continues to weaken and you wait a little while. And if you buy from a reputable dealer, there shouldn't really be *that* much risk (and you should be covered should anything go wrong). But it's still admittedly a fair bit riskier than walking into your local shop and buying one too, of course.

It's your money and your call, of course.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 25, 2014,