The cloud whisperer is telling you to check out these works of art (week 7)

Poll: Best song?
Poll Options
View poll results: Best song?
Song 1
3 16%
Song 2
6 32%
Song 3
0 0%
Song 4
2 11%
Song 5
0 0%
Song 6
8 42%
Voters: 19.
whaibfizextcvnfWOW WASSUP

[*insert flavor text here, something about boats maybe? Yeah boats are cool, let's do boats*]

The objective of this thread is to vote on the song you like the most, but remember: don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content.

Here they are:

1 - "With No Trepidation (demo)" (stratkat)

2 - "Home Alone" (macashmack)

3 - "Invention No.1 in Gb Major" (Duaneclapdrix)

4 - "Sleep" (Joshua1207)

5 - "Best" (ehbacon, sickman411)

6 - "Careful" (Skinny91)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's last week's most voted song, from nico_9550, "Blue Sky"!
------------------------------------------------------------------

If you too want to become a better songwriter/gigolo consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfactory/), all the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.

The votes will be counted this Monday, at around 5AM GMT. The winner of this week's voting will become a mod in our group.

------------------
Who never wanted to turn clewds clouds into sqeers squares before?

Check out last week's thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1630615

-----------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: The voting is over! This week's winner is Skinny91's song "Careful" with 8 votes!
(He'll be a mod on our group, until the next voting)

With 6 votes, "Home Alone" by macashmack!
Finally with 3 votes, "With No Trepidation (demo)" by stratkat!

Thank you all for voting (and participating)!
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Jan 27, 2014,
Quote by Minicaxotinho

5 - "Best" (ehbacon, sickman411)

The vocals in this are more lethargic than the joy division
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by macashmack
Pretty small collection this week. Are you still feeling ill?

Yup
I hope I can do something for next week
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Jan 25, 2014,
holy shit skinny sounds so much like the guy from the decemberists it's not even funny

song was great too, I voted for him
Mack, your song is so deep
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Quote by caeser1156
Mack, your song is so deep

Thank you. I looked really deep within myself to find that raw emotion that I feel comes through so strongly on the track. To me it's about the struggle that a male experiences in this modern world and the actions he takes against his obstacles.
I went for 'Sleep', It had a really cool vibe to it and I liked the heavily reverb on the drums. 'Home Alone' wasn't what I was expecting but it was awesome haha.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
The vocals in this are more lethargic than the joy division

I figured it would work well with ehbacon's guitar track. The lyrics don't help either.

Anyway, I'm just going to have lunch and then I'll listen to everything.

EDIT: Also, after 8 hours we've got more votes than over the last weekend.
Last edited by sickman411 at Jan 25, 2014,
Skinny's voice was the main reason I chose his, I did listen to every song, and it was the one that really spoke to me.

I write up to 3 songs a week so I'll likely be in future ones, even though electronic music seems to be a bit biased, or it's just in my head that it is. I write classical and metal too.
I voted for Stratkat.
@duaneclapdrix: Yeah I really couldn't place the first beat where it was supposed to be. But I'd say it's ok if it still sounds good
@macashmack: Initially I thought you were either going to euphemise your way through the song or going for a plot twist further ahead but no, you just went and said it loud and clear.
Quote by stratkat
electronic music seems to be a bit biased

Biased in what way? How can music be biased? Or are people biased against it?
Quote by sickman411
I voted for Stratkat.

Biased in what way? How can music be biased? Or are people biased against it?

Well, some don't like it over acoustic sounds, some can't tell whether I used presets, midi's, appregiators, or how much work actually went into the song itself. Which is understandable. But I put quite a bit into my stuff a lot of the time. Also I streamed myself making the first half of the song. Not musicians particularly, but there are notions it's pushing buttons, even though this is more about composition. Here's about what my projects look like:

It's a remix but I made it, it's a little more colorful and organized than most of my stuff so people could follow what was going on better. I usually finish tracks in on eor two 4-8 hour sittings.
Last edited by stratkat at Jan 25, 2014,
Quote by stratkat
Well, some don't like it over acoustic sounds, some can't tell whether I used presets, midi's, appregiators, or how much work actually went into the song itself. Which is understandable. But I put quite a bit into my stuff a lot of the time. Also I streamed myself making the first half of the song. Not musicians particularly, but there are notions it's pushing buttons, even though this is more about composition. Here's about what my projects look like:

It's a remix but I made it, it's a little more colorful and organized than most of my stuff so people could follow what was going on better. I usually finish tracks in on eor two 4-8 hour sittings.

For years (age 13 to 19 roughly) most of my original music was just MIDI. (Really crappy MIDI too, I used the default Windows synth which sounded terrible. And you couldn't even export it; it took me years to find that I could play it in the DAW and record the computer's audio output with Audacity.) So I do think of the notes laid out in a DAW when I hear your style of electronic music.
I voted for skinny, very chill song and you've got an excellent voice man.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Voted for #2 such gigity
Quote by KingDime666
It's dubstep minor in E.

Quote by steve_muse
I bet I'm gunna love Revolt #plottwist
I've noticed that ehbacon and myself are the only two people who've never missed a week.
I might miss next week though.
Quote by sickman411
I've noticed that ehbacon and myself are the only two people who've never missed a week.

I've got a lot of free time to write so I guess I have an unfair advantage
I might have time to record something this week
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by sickman411

I haven't missed a week since I've joined. I almost always write my day as soon as the new week starts. I don't spend too much time on my songs though hah.
Quote by Joshua1207
I haven't missed a week since I've joined. I almost always write my day as soon as the new week starts. I don't spend too much time on my songs though hah.

Yeah sure, I meant people who submitted a song every week since the first. And I'm not being smug or anything, I just really like to dig up pointless facts.

In fact, I've just counted everyone's participations (it's the sort of thing I do when I'm procrastinating ). Here it goes:

7 weeks - ehbacon; sickman411

6 weeks - nico_9550

5 weeks - Minicaxotinho; whywefight/FoOltz; Joshua1207

4 weeks - manualex; chev311e

3 weeks - Skinny91

2 weeks - Faux; Duaneclapdrix

1 week - primusfan; SunshineMusicO; snipelfritz; yoman297; vintage x metal; the bartender; stratkat; macashmack
Yeah, I didn't think you were thinking that either but I just sort of had to apologise for having two posts in a row where it seemed like I was just boasting the fact that I'd never missed a week while actually I just like dem numberz.
My contributions might be less now that my semester starts on Monday. However I will keep voting whether I make a song or not.