Lets go back to 09-09-2013 ( This thread : https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1616242 )

Thats the day I got my new Peavey Viper 30 from the biggest
and best pawn shop Carson City, Nevada has to offer.
We have 4 pawn shops here and Capitol City Loans is by far the best one in town.
Also, in that pawn shop, I ONLY EVER deal with the manager, never any of his subordinates. EVER.
The also had a Sanpera II, but they had a price tag on in
listing it for around $289 or so. And they wouldn't budge on that price

So last week I stop in the same pawn shop and that Sanpera II is still there.
I asked what the price was and it had gone down.
I was now told it was $125 (Or $225, It was quite crowded and a little noisy in there that day and I couldn't tell).
Better, but I was still flat ass broke.

Now, before I go further on, buying stuff at a pawn shop can get you
some AWESOME AWESOME deals.
Selling stuff to them, well, there is a reason you can get great deals at a pawn shop.
Its because when selling them stuff, you are basically get ripped off big time.
I knew this and still went ahead with my "plan".

So I grabbed a bunch of DVDs I no longer cared about (20 or 30 of them).
I also had a Boss DS-1, DD-7 and a Hardwire TL-2.

The TL-2, even though it is the best metal distortion pedal in its class (IMO)
And the only other "classmate" is really the Boss MT-2 I guess.
It was fun to play with now and then, but not really useful for me.

With the TC Electronics Nova Delay, I also wasn't using the DD-7 much anymore.
Mainly just for slapback (And ran that slapback into the Nova Delay, usually set at 400ms - 600ms).
And if I want another delay for slapback, I can probably find a FAB Echo for $10 somewhere, or more likely, just build my own.

The DS-1. well, its a DS-1. I don't think I need to say anymore about it.

I Would have rather kept the DD-7, but believe it or not, keeping the DS-1 is almost as good as I want to take it back to stock configuration and make up some of my own mods. Hopefully something that Analogman, Monte Alums, or Robert Keeley haven't done yet.

So since I wasn't using those pedals anymore, I considered them ripe for "sacrifice".

And before anyone says something like "You could have just put those pedals up on eBay or Craigslist and gotten more money etc., it just would have taken a few more days".
Yeah I know I could have done all that.
And yeah, I know I took a hit (more like a kick in the nuts), but I wanted the Sanpera NOW.
And I'm OK with taking a loss to get something I wanted.

I don't know what they gave me for each individual item (I'm sure it written down somewhere), but I don't really care, need, or want to know.

I went back to the pawn shop and asked "So is it still $125 for that Sanpera II?".
I was told that yes, it was still $125.

So we swapped stuff back and forth and I walked out with the DS-1 and this :

And I got them to throw in this for "free":

Unfortunately, they didn't have the fucking cable for it
So I either order one or make one.
Depends on price as I am still flat ass broke.
If its under $25, shipped, I'm ordering one.

Will update once I get the cable.
Congrats, man! I, like you, am often cursed by the "but, I want it NOW!" approach. I recently took gear into GC, took a hit, but it didn't matter, I wanted the new gear now.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
$25 is a ****in' lot of money for a cable of any kind, y' know, so I'd make one myself in any case.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
$25 is a ****in' lot of money for a cable of any kind, y' know, so I'd make one myself in any case.

Not so much really.
This one is more :
25 Feet : $38.54
http://www.the-music-store.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=49_64_66&products_id=1688

Or this
10 Feet : $16.32
http://www.the-music-store.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=12296&zenid=50ef257fd8d084e7648bcd8e16658348

Kinda need more than 10 feet though.
Maybe I could order the 10 foot one and build a 20' - 30' one.

I need to get a pin layout/patter/etc. first though.
I'll ask 311
He probably has One or Twenty.

Bastards Peavey had tot make a a damn 8 pin instead of a 5 pin MIDI cable.
I got a few 5 pin ones.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jan 25, 2014,
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats on your purchase Rob.

I think it will really help you get the most out the Vypyr.

I've got a Sanpera cable I'll never use. If you pay for shipping I'll send it to you

Ok, how long is it?

Just let me know how much to ship and I can paypal it to you.

Thanks.

BTW...whats the "Pinout" (or whatever I'm trying to think of...
Connector 1 - Pin 1 : Connector 2 - Pin 1;
Connector 1 - Pin 2 : Connector 2 - Pin 2;
Connector 1 - Pin 3 : Connector 2 - Pin 3;
ETC.
?????

Just to build me something until the cable gets here.
(Yeah, I know, I'm impatient).
8 pin DIN? C*** of a plug to work with. I'd gladly pay somebody $20 or $30 to solder those for me to spare me the angst, so IMO those cables aren't overpriced at all.
It's moot anyway because 311 has come to your rescue.

HNGD
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
8 pin DIN? C*** of a plug to work with. I'd gladly pay somebody $20 or $30 to solder those for me to spare me the angst, so IMO those cables aren't overpriced at all.
It's moot anyway because 311 has come to your rescue.

HNGD

Yeah, damn Peavey.
I have a few 5 pin DIN MIDI cables.
It goes between my Boss DR3 and Tascam DP-02

And yeah, soldering DIN is a big PITA.
Quote by CodeMonk
I wrote it's a lot of money, not that people don't sell and buy them for that kinda money.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5ft-Din-8-Pin-Male-to-Male-Subwoofer-Cable-Cord-for-JVC-Audio-System-/360718220583?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item53fc7b3d27

It's just a plain 8 pin din cable, you can either buy that one up there and make it longer or spend 3$ for the plug + whatever cable you want.

Also, in my experience, din cables' prices tend to get higher when they're labeled "midi cables" instead of din's.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.