I recently found out about Tremol-no and am looking at buying one. However, I can't seem to find any info regarding what type I should use with a Cort "licensed floyd rose" tremolo. The guitar is a Cort EVL-K4. Should I go with the small clamp type (since it is the one recommended for original floyd)?
Hopefully the Small Clamp because I've just ordered one myself for the guitar I should be getting on Tuesday/Wednesday which also has a licenced Floyd Rose lol.

I'm just wondering how these things work because I've never owned or used a guitar with a Floyd Rose trem.

The guitar I'm getting is new but has been in storage in a distribution warehouse for a while and the eBay listing says that it needs cleaning and the strings need replacing.

What's the best thing for me to do..?

I'm not getting my Tremol-no until next month (probably a week or two after my guitar), so am I better off being patient and leaving the guitar completely alone until I get it..? Get the Tremol-no, bung it in with the old strings on, take all of the strings off to clean it and polish the frets and then restring it..?

Or will I be okay cleaning the guitar with the old strings on and replace one string at a time and remove and replace the 3 locking nut thingies one at a time and then add the Tremol-no when I get it..?

Common sense is telling me that the first option is the easiest and quickest way to do things...but does using a Tremol-no alter the setup steps in that Floyd Rose setup thread that's stickied above..? Wouldn't I be better off setting it up without a Tremol-no in first because I'll need it set up that way so that I can use the guitar when it's in Full Floating Mode.

And another quick question, if I put the guitar in Hardtail Mode to change the tuning to an alternate tuning such as Drop D or Eb would the guitar's tuning be screwed if I change back to Full Floating Mode without going back to E Standard whilst still in Hardtail Mode..?

Sorry for the n00b questions, I don't have a Scooby Doo how these things work so please be gentle lol. I've always been a bass player so all this whammy bar stuff is like Greek to me lol