So my girlfriend was just watching the 9th episode of the 3rd series of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (which was aired in 1998) and there was the song Plastic by John 5 on it. Plastic is off his remix album Remixploitation which was released in 2009. Now it might seem that he simply didnt release the song for 11 years, but it is a remix of his song Perineum, which was on his 2005 album Songs for Sanity. I figured maybe they just put it on the DVD release but the DVD came out in 2001 and 2003 in region 2 and 1 respectively.
So basically, how the living shitballs is that song in Buffy? Its completely destroying my mind. I can't find anything about him writing those songs years before so what the hell is going on?
Malchius you clearly didnt read all of what I said. And willT08 so he made a song for no reason, remixed it for a TV show, then released the original song 7 years later and the remix 4 years after that? I don't think so. Plus NOWHERE that mentions the albums Songs for Sanity or Remixploitation say ANYTHING about the songs being written years before
Last edited by MaxLees666 at Jan 25, 2014,
It really is I feel like the space time continuum has been changed and I'm the only person who has noticed lol
Quote by Basti95
Must've been John 4

lol nice
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by raoooos
The one on Buffy is the original. The 'original' is actually the remix.

But surely it would say that somewhere in the leaflet for the CD or something? And on wikipedia it says Plastic is a remix of Perineum and it says who remixed it. Plus this episode of Buffy came out 6 years before he even started doing solo stuff.
I've seen this a lot. He was hired to write a song for the show and later decided that he wanted to give it a release. Perfectly normal and extremely common for an artist to do.You've stumbled upon a secret that was never meant to be uncovered. Watch your back.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
I've seen this a lot. He was hired to write a song for the show and later decided that he wanted to give it a release. Perfectly normal and extremely common for an artist to do.You've stumbled upon a secret that was never meant to be uncovered. Watch your back.

Fair enough. I just don't get why he made a song, then brought out a different version then later brought out the original and called THAT the remix...
wow people from yorkshire are dumb

cannot even do a simple google search
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Maybe over the course of 10 years he made one here or there for a single/fun, then he realized he had made enough remixes to make them into an album, and then he did.

A lot of people don't sit down and write an entire remix album front to back, that's usually something that builds over time.