Poll: Choose
Poll Options
View poll results: Choose
What an amazing window into the past!
28 72%
Holy shit, I better watch what I post...
11 28%
Voters: 39.
So I get almost all of my irish whistle sheet music from this site called The Session, and that shit has been online forever. It's basic as fuck, but it works. I noticed, though, that some of the original comments posted on the oldest tunes date back well over a decade and it kinda blew my mind to see "posted 13 years ago" under the comment.

It's crazy to think that in a few decades we will be able to look back and see the random thoughts and musings of just about everyone we know. It's pretty terrifying, really.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jan 25, 2014,
I've thought about that..pretty cool window in to what we were..In a few years, if I look at this website, there's so much stuff that would just be..weird.

Stuff in the hugging thread, the relationship thread, and other threads I've started for example would be an insight in to my life, and things I'm going through now which would be quite weird..

Like, going through your childhood house's attic and finding an old diary, almost.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
I'm going to regret everything I've ever said here.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I like to think that in hundreds and perhaps thousands of years time, internet archeologists will comb the ruins of the ancient internet to learn more of our history and culture.

So we're kind of ****ed as far as representation goes.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
Quote by Xiaoxi

Maybe not most of my stuff here, as I was a little bit older when I joined (though not much)

But I know that once I went through some of my older conversations on msn, which were saved on my pc..

Dude, that was embarassing.

Even though, with FB messenger, skype, whatsapp etc, I still kind of miss msn messenger.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
It's already hard to believe that it's gonna be 7 years since I made this account. This is definitely the longest active account I've had.

...I love you guys.
i can already look back at some of my first posts and see shit that i kinda regret, it will just get worse as time goes on but its pretty funny actually haha
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
wow I was so dumb and didn't know jack, didn't even finish words.

that's what I'll think about my tweets in the fuche.
Quote by raoooos
wow it is really crazy it is like a book written a long time ago

Don't be dumb man, kindle was just invented a few years ago.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
lol irish whistle what a ****ing dork
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Xiaoxi

I already do
Sail upon the open skies
I'm not sure whether it'd be cringey or awesome looking back at my past on the internet, if I could find anything. I've always been a pretty eloquent mother ****er on the internet, verbose to a fault, which I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing when looking back to say, teenage years.

Them: wuu2 we gtn blzd 2nite hmu

Me: I dare say that sounds like a jolly good lark, at which venue shall we be partaking in this social event?

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
Quote by lolmnt
lol irish whistle what a ****ing dork

Gets me free beer at the pub. ujel
I had to look up Irish whistle on youtube due to ignorance. They're pretty badass, pretty cutting sound aswell, I think I may have heard them in some Folk Metal before.

Also anything that improves your chances of shifting the beer consumed to money spent ratio has got to be good.

ok

20 and 13 aren't the same thing.

Quote by StewieSwan

it's not free if you have to be a ****ing dork to get it

colololmnt would agree
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
20 and 13 aren't the same thing.

it's not free if you have to be a ****ing dork to get it

colololmnt would agree

But in 7 years I can edit the OP and you'll look like an asshole. Checkmate.
Quote by StewieSwan
But in 7 years I can edit the OP and you'll look like an asshole. Checkmate.

You'll probably be permabanned by then anyway.

Either that or a mod will close the thread just so you can't edit it.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
This will be my fifth year on UG, which is a little weird. I sometimes delete my 2009-2011 posts when I see them (except the hysterical ones). I definitely don't want people to see those, or even a lot of my recent posts.

Over all though I take the 'amazing window into the past' approach to dealing with the internet. It's always interesting to see what people were thinking even just a few years ago. With this documentation, the history of our era will be written more accurately than ever before. It'll be interesting to see how all of this affects our collective perceptions on time, and I'm interested how the internet will affect what influential figures/musicians/etc. stand the test of time.
Quote by StewieSwan

Is this u:

"Sorry gent, but I am ever so parched and fresh out of shillings. Perchance you shall exchange one of your tasty libations for a merry jig played on me flute? Methinks thou will enjoy it ever so much."
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I both cringe and laugh at the things I posted 6-7 years ago
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by chaoticfables
I've... been here six years. I need to go outside

And in 4 more years we'll have been here for 10. Isn't that wonderful. ;_;
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by lolmnt
Is this u:

"Sorry gent, but I am ever so parched and fresh out of shillings. Perchance you shall exchange one of your tasty libations for a merry jig played on me flute? Methinks thou will enjoy it ever so much."

Naw I sit around with a bunch of retirees playing fiddles and bagpipes and entertain the pub-goers. Then I mosey my way over to the bar and get shitfaced at 4pm.
Quote by StewieSwan
Naw I sit around with a bunch of retirees playing fiddles and bagpipes and entertain the pub-goers. Then I mosey my way over to the bar and get shitfaced at 4pm.

Lol
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by Krieger91
I still kind of miss msn messenger.

Yea man, msn was the coolest shit ever. I've had so many cringeworthy teenage conversations on there, but it was all well worth it.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
I was reading the FAQ on GameFAQs for Half Life, and near the end of it, the guy wrote something along the lines of "So Valve are going to be moving all of Half Life's multiplayer stuff over to this new thing called Steam." I looked and that thing was posted around 2003 or so. It just seemed really weird to see someone addressing Steam like it was a new thing. To me it's just always been there.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by the bartender
Yea man, msn was the coolest shit ever. I've had so many cringeworthy teenage conversations on there, but it was all well worth it.

I also remember the insane amount of emoticons ..it was good fun for a teenager.
I was researching IBM for a paper and I got online articles from 1998. It was crazy. We've come so far guys
Quote by genghisgandhi
I saw a post once from 1997 talking about NEutral Milk Hotel saying that the first album was really good and they have high hopes for the follow up.

i don't know why i feel so dry
I have tabs printouts still from this site back from 1998. Back then UG was just the new kids compared to guitaretab and all the rest.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Not completely relevant, but those of you that haven't already seen it will find this interesting:

http://www2.warnerbros.com/spacejam/movie/jam.htm

Website for the movie 'Space Jam', which hasn't been updated at all since 1996. It really is like looking into a time machine. To think that was one of the biggest movie franchises attempt at making a website, and it was pretty much cutting edge at the time.