Hi guys,

I recently bought a taylor 814ce, but after 2weeks playing it, I've found that my hands are just too small for it. I'm thinking of trading it for a high end Martin, but I understood that the taylor necks are supposed to be thinner, more electric like than the martins. I'm confused....

What has been your experience, and are there any Martins I should look at in particular? Of course I will play as many as possible, but I'd like to make a short list.

Thanks!
How about the mahogany 00 and 000 acoustics? The other guys will guide you, that's just what comes to my mind.
Thanks, I won't rule them out. But it's not really body size, more of a neck size issue. I've played a D-16GT that was more playable than my taylor 814ce, and I thought that the Taylor's were supposed to have the slimmer necks!
Ya and you want a high end Martin. Those I mentioned are not high end, lol.
if your hands are too small for that one( that is probably one of the easiest playing necks i've ever wrapped a wrist around), you're gonna have to start looking for a smaller guitar in general. that 814ce is a sweet guitar, the workhorse of Taylor's stable. ever try Taylor's GS mini? everything you'd want in a taylor with a smaller body and even easier playing neck.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
Quote by stepchildusmc
if your hands are too small for that one( that is probably one of the easiest playing necks i've ever wrapped a wrist around), you're gonna have to start looking for a smaller guitar in general. that 814ce is a sweet guitar, the workhorse of Taylor's stable. ever try Taylor's GS mini? everything you'd want in a taylor with a smaller body and even easier playing neck.

I already have a gs mini. I think the problem might be the nut width difference as the mini is 1&11/16 but the 814ce is 1 3/4". Problem is, taylor standard from the 300 series up is a wider 3/4 nut.
thought that was you ! i have guitars with both nut widths. i hardly notice the difference anymore when i change guitars. it takes a little bit, but you'll get used to it.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)