Does turning a pickup 180 degrees affect it's tone? I recently swapped bridge pickups with someone and apparently Gibson's zebra coils are backwards to Seymour Duncan .

Notice the bobbin with pole pieces. On the neck pickup the black one has the screws, whereas the bridge has it on the creme bobbin. I'd prefer to keep it like this for aesthetics, but I'm not sure how it will affect the bridge pickup's tone or both pickups selected. The pickguard is just sitting on the guitar btw, it's not screwed in yet.

Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Depends on how asymmetrically the coils are wound. Typically, less symmetrical coils are a "vintage" pickup thing so it probably won't make a large difference on a 500T.
sometimes they can do stuff to the poll pieces too. it seems all the poll pieces are flush though.

i wouldn't be concerned about flipping it, i doubt you'd even notice much of a difference either way.

also, i don't personally get hung up on the zebra strips matching properly either. it makes it own kinda statement and doesn't look bad imo.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I've always heard it could... but how much, I dunno. depending on how much you fiddle with the screws I'm guessing you could minimise or maximise how different it sounds, too.

I probably wouldn't worry about it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
As I recall, flipped pups are part of the sound of Peter Green (and Joe Bonamassa), but even so, it is a subtle thing.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Good deal, I went ahead and wired it up as shown. About to string it up so we'll see, I don't think it'll make any significant difference being a 500T. I guess the actual magnet would have to be turned upside down (instead of spun 180) to cause phase problems with both pickups selected as well.

I'm so glad to finally have a zebra 500T, my V looks a million times better with zebra pickups
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]