Hey everyone,

First time recording an original song (that I would consider to be a somewhat finished product).

I'd love to know what you think and I'd also be happy to C4C.

Make sure to give it a thumbs up on youtube if you like

Thanks!!

https://soundcloud.com/joeymusic/psychosis-original-song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSdWQyjIOBc
Last edited by Octavarius94 at Jan 31, 2014,
That was pretty awesome dude. I got a Dream Theater feeling from it. The solos however were my favorite parts.
Quote by Who Sh0t Ya HxO
That was pretty awesome dude. I got a Dream Theater feeling from it. The solos however were my favorite parts.

Thanks a lot! Glad to hear it reminded you a bit of Dream Theater. That's always cool to hear
Quote by awesomo41894
DUDE THAT WAS SO SICK!!!! Very dream theater esque, mixed with like tech death haha that was so sweet! Your playing was very tight! Out of curiosity is that a real gibson les paul, or an epiphone? Whatever it is, it sounded great! Cant say anything negative!
C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1631476

It's an Epiphone Wish I could afford a real Les Paul, but considering the music I've been gravitating towards lately I'll probably move towards an Ibanez or something similar when I can finally afford a new guitar. However I will admit this Epi Les Paul has served me well over the years. It's a great sounding guitar for the price.

Thanks for the listen and the input I'd greatly appreciate it if you had the time to thumb it up and leave a comment on youtube (if you've got the time)

Left you some feedback on your thread and on your video. Great stuff!
Last edited by Octavarius94 at Jan 26, 2014,
Quote by Octavarius94
It's an epiphone Wish I could afford a real les paul, but considering the music I've been gravitating towards lately I'll probably move towards an Ibanez or something similar when I can finally afford a new guitar.

Thanks for the listen and the input I'd greatly appreciate it if you had the time to thumb it up and leave a comment on youtube (if you've got the time)

I'll be checking out your stuff now!

Not a problem dude, im so impressed I subscribed even, and gave you a like and a comment! as i said in the comment, if u'd ever want to collab, hmu! U can message me on here, or youtube, whatever works
Ok your guitar playing is kick ass, and your video makes it look easy and it's definitely NOT EASY, for ****'s sake. Great stuff, I'm digging how busy this is and good riffage.

I'm digging all the instrumentation during the solo's too...great song writing. I'm totally into this. Couldn't imagine a vocal line anywhere in this, definitely an instrumental that kept my interest the whole time.

Great sound, playing, everything. How did you manage all the other instruments? Software, other musicians...yourself?

C4C? The Phobium
Quote by Voda La Void
Ok your guitar playing is kick ass, and your video makes it look easy and it's definitely NOT EASY, for ****'s sake. Great stuff, I'm digging how busy this is and good riffage.

I'm digging all the instrumentation during the solo's too...great song writing. I'm totally into this. Couldn't imagine a vocal line anywhere in this, definitely an instrumental that kept my interest the whole time.

Great sound, playing, everything. How did you manage all the other instruments? Software, other musicians...yourself?

C4C? The Phobium

Thanks so much man!! The drums I scored in Guitar Pro and then imported as MIDI and used EZDrummer for, and the one quick synth line that kinda hangs in the back to support one of the riffs was programmed, but other than than I tracked all the guitars (2 rhythm tracks, a clean track, a lead track), the bass guitar, and the slower more chord based synth stuff.

I'm checking out your stuff now!
Hey man nice song, some of the sections had a jazzy kind of feel to them. Were those jazz chords in the background?

Anyway, would you like some vocals put to your song? Id be interested in doing them if you'd like.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1630813
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by Lovecannon
Hey man nice song, some of the sections had a jazzy kind of feel to them. Were those jazz chords in the background?

Anyway, would you like some vocals put to your song? Id be interested in doing them if you'd like.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1630813

Yeah some minor and major 7s, nothing too crazy.

And thanks for the offer but I think I'll keep it as an instrumental for now. I'll let you know in the future if I ever want to take you up on that offer though!

Checking out your stuff now
Like the others who have commented, I do hear a heavy Dream Theater vibe from this. Love the structure. The mix is a bit too bass heavy, but it sounds good. You have a ton of skill. THe solos are quite nice. Loving the tone too. Solid playing. The ending solo was probably my most favorite part. Wish I could solo like that. How do you get your tone on the Jazzy solo? It's gorgeous.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1631744
Quote by Harlot Hero
Like the others who have commented, I do hear a heavy Dream Theater vibe from this. Love the structure. The mix is a bit too bass heavy, but it sounds good. You have a ton of skill. THe solos are quite nice. Loving the tone too. Solid playing. The ending solo was probably my most favorite part. Wish I could solo like that. How do you get your tone on the Jazzy solo? It's gorgeous.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1631744

Thanks for the feedback man! I appreciate all the kind words For the guitars I was using Amplitube 3, and for that solo I took a preset online and messed with the gain and noise gate parameters.

Just finished checking out your stuff!
Damn... Thats awesome! Great writing in this one for sure, the solos are so great. I have a feeling you could probably make an insane long song, makes me wish this song was a little longer to be honest, but for what it is its full of cool parts and interesting riffs. Quality is good too, playing is great. Great work dude!

C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1630992
Quote by JDawg00100
Damn... Thats awesome! Great writing in this one for sure, the solos are so great. I have a feeling you could probably make an insane long song, makes me wish this song was a little longer to be honest, but for what it is its full of cool parts and interesting riffs. Quality is good too, playing is great. Great work dude!

C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1630992

Thanks man! I'm currently working on something that will hopefully be longer so make sure to subscribe I'm finding it's really hard to come up with new material after just writing a piece though. I'm new to songwriting so a longer song might take me a little while XD Glad you liked it
Being a prog metal fan, this really rustled my jimmies.

That first lead, about a minute into the song, lord that is a beautiful tone a some nice playing. Excellent phrasing mate.

Rush at 1:24, i love using a similar pattern, raising it a few steps. Take my like.

Could use some louder backing (programmed I presume and thus left in the background?) because the keys really do something nice that I can't quite make out. Interesting piece, though at times I feel it could be two quite different songs a little randomly mashed into one. Still works, the ending comes swiftly and ties the music together quite nicely. Personally I would've gone for a straighter structure, or perhaps extended some parts to let the listener enjoy the excellent music a little longer and make them flow more smoothly into one anoter. Good job mate, you have my thumb. Up, of course.

And if you find the time, check out some fresh nordic melodic progressive metal, facebook, soundcloud whatever

Colonist - Across the Atom Sea
Quote by Priest_of_Judas
Being a prog metal fan, this really rustled my jimmies.

That first lead, about a minute into the song, lord that is a beautiful tone a some nice playing. Excellent phrasing mate.

Rush at 1:24, i love using a similar pattern, raising it a few steps. Take my like.

Could use some louder backing (programmed I presume and thus left in the background?) because the keys really do something nice that I can't quite make out. Interesting piece, though at times I feel it could be two quite different songs a little randomly mashed into one. Still works, the ending comes swiftly and ties the music together quite nicely. Personally I would've gone for a straighter structure, or perhaps extended some parts to let the listener enjoy the excellent music a little longer and make them flow more smoothly into one anoter. Good job mate, you have my thumb. Up, of course.

And if you find the time, check out some fresh nordic melodic progressive metal, facebook, soundcloud whatever

Colonist - Across the Atom Sea

Thanks so much!! Really appreciate the feedback I'll work a little on the next mix to make sure the backing comes through a little more, I would say about 25% of the keys are programmed (just the fast stuff really because I'm no keyboard player XD) and the drums are programmed so I'll work with them a little. I'm working on another song and trying to get more of a popular song structure to emphasize the parts a bit more.

Really appreciate the feedback!!

As for your stuff, I really like it. Love the sound, it's very reminiscent of old school prog rock in my opinion. The singing is great and I really enjoy the sound of the vocals (sounds sorta like the vocalist of Flotsam and Jetsam which is a good thing haha). The only thing I didn't really love was the snare drum sound towards the end of the song. It seems like it almost got wetter and looser as the song progressed, however at this point theres not much you can do about that and that's just personal preference anyways. For demos they sound great.

The part around 1:56 is very cool, and that guitar solo at the end definitely kicked! I don't know if this comment makes any sense but somehow parts of the song had almost a traditional or celtic feel to it.....I don't know if it has anything to do with your location, but the music definitely had a flavor that was a bit different to me, and I loved it.....I followed you guys on soundcloud, definitely looking forward to hearing some more! Make sure to keep in touch I'll definitely support you guys in whatever way I can, and if you like you can also check out some live demos from my band on soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/official-the-revival
Quote by Octavarius94
Thanks so much!! Really appreciate the feedback I'll work a little on the next mix to make sure the backing comes through a little more, I would say about 25% of the keys are programmed (just the fast stuff really because I'm no keyboard player XD) and the drums are programmed so I'll work with them a little. I'm working on another song and trying to get more of a popular song structure to emphasize the parts a bit more.

Really appreciate the feedback!!

As for your stuff, I really like it. Love the sound, it's very reminiscent of old school prog rock in my opinion. The singing is great and I really enjoy the sound of the vocals (sounds sorta like the vocalist of Flotsam and Jetsam which is a good thing haha). The only thing I didn't really love was the snare drum sound towards the end of the song. It seems like it almost got wetter and looser as the song progressed, however at this point theres not much you can do about that and that's just personal preference anyways. For demos they sound great.

The part around 1:56 is very cool, and that guitar solo at the end definitely kicked! I don't know if this comment makes any sense but somehow parts of the song had almost a traditional or celtic feel to it.....I don't know if it has anything to do with your location, but the music definitely had a flavor that was a bit different to me, and I loved it.....I followed you guys on soundcloud, definitely looking forward to hearing some more! Make sure to keep in touch I'll definitely support you guys in whatever way I can, and if you like you can also check out some live demos from my band on soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/official-the-revival

Thank you, sharing is caring so all likes and what-not are of course apreciated Digged some of official the revival's stuff, the new wave traditional feel flows throughout the songs I heard. Crystalline Clock had me thinking of sabbath/oyster cult in a new edition, heavier and more modern. A like you shall receive.

Thanks for the feedback. Personally we're not too happy about the mix, however circumstances made it that way eventually. A longer studio release should follow this year, re-recording the three existing songs and adding four new ones. Hopefully we have a better budget and more time to work with this time

And I don't know about celtic/if our home matters, but that kind made me smile