So i'm finally learning the second solo to master of puppets and I'm having trouble with the first part the group of triplets from the high E to the B string 17 p to 12
13-12-13 back to 12 on the E string, ive just discovered how to economy pick to get my speed up but can somone suggest whats the best strum pattern to use???
i hammeron/pulloff the notes on the high e string and pick the notes on the B as far as i remember. Been a while since i've learned the solo though. There's multiple ways you could do it.. you could pick it all, you could legato all of it or you could do what i do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oDLggKEToU
Last edited by vayne92 at Jan 26, 2014,
don't even try to get the crazy bendy note that kirk originally hit cause he accidentally pushed the string off the side of the fretboard.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
For me, it's a pull-off to start, and then all picked notes. The same technique is used in the Breadfan solo, as well as what Randy did in Mr. Crowley.