hi,ok on my guitar i have two pickups there not single coil there double so that makes them hum buckers right?

also does a neck pick up have to sound like a stock neck pickup?lets say i have a les paul and i put an emg in the bridge position so i have a tone like zakk wylde then could i put the slash pickups in the neck position in order for the tone to change to slashs tone ,or do neck pickups always have to sound somewhat more muffled kinda sound?

i haven't a clue about pickups so correct me if I'm wrong !
neck and bridge pickups, while doing essentially the same thing (picking up the sound from strings, more or less), function as 2 different tools, from my experience. The neck (or as I/others call it, the rhythm pickup) is lower output, and inversely, the bridge (lead) pickup is higher.

You can switch them around, so ive read, to have a more lead based sound (a la sticking a bridge pickup in the neck position, and a hotter pickup in the bridge), if that is your flair.

The SD APH-1's that Slash uses, he does use them in the neck position, so i guess in theory, your idea could work, but keep in mind Zakk uses active pickups, and idk if they can be used with passives, so you may need to find alternatives. (active pickups are battery powered, putting out a higher output)

If I'm wrong anywhere id love someone to correct me, so i can learn, but I hope this helps
Gear:

Guitars:
BC Rich Warlock
Dean 88
ME682-In Progress
Amps:
Carvin SX300
Etc:
Clayton 1.0mm picks
Planet Waves cables.
On top of what abyssspecter has said, the strings are vibrating differently at the neck and bridge. Toward the bridge the amplitude (amount they move) is far less (hence the need for a hotter pickup) but there will also be more high frequency harmonics than are present at the bridge, which is why bridge pickups "always have to sound somewhat more muffled".

Plus, there's more to tone than pickups, so I'm not convinced that your plan to use a Slash pickup and a Zakk pickup will allow you to instantly switch between their sounds simply by switching pickups.

If your aim is to instantly switch between Zakk and Slash sounds you'd be better off looking for some sort of modelling fx pedal/amp.
Unless you happen to have the same amps that Slash and Zakk Wylde use, your idea will never work.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I was only using those two guys as an example ,my basic question was can you have two lead pickups as I'd rather have two lead (bridge) sounds on my guitar rather than the neck sound I have as I never use it ...just more of a question about pickups rather than an actual plan if you no what I mean
A lead pickup in the neck (rhythm) position will not give you a lead sound, just a neck sound but louder because the pickup is hotter. It's down to the position of the pickup rather than the type. For switchable lead sounds you're still going to have to use amps/fx for tone shaping.
Quote by wld-kid
I was only using those two guys as an example ,my basic question was can you have two lead pickups as I'd rather have two lead (bridge) sounds on my guitar rather than the neck sound I have as I never use it ...just more of a question about pickups rather than an actual plan if you no what I mean

Short and sweet, no. The position of the pickup on the guitar makes such a huge difference that no amount of messing with pickups can mitigate the fact that neck pickups are always bassier and miss midrangey than bridge pickups.

The only viable way to get 2 different lead sounds is to use the same pickup, but with different amp settings, or different amps altogether.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 27, 2014,