I just ordered a neck from Warmoth guitars and have always had a problem with adjusting truss rods. Its not the adjusting I have a problem with rather than what the best position it should be in. I always seem to think that I've overbent or the opposite, which causes me to constantly think that its needs adjusting. My question is whats supposed to be the way to know whether your truss rod adjustment is correct or not.
Capo at first fret bar off at 17th fret and check with a feeler gauge at the 7th fret it should be .010 to .020 I like mine at .012-.014 it's up to the player.
Quote by Freddiez79
Capo at first fret bar off at 17th fret and check with a feeler gauge at the 7th fret it should be .010 to .020 I like mine at .012-.014 it's up to the player.

Yeah, this. Your neck should always have a very slight bow to it. Although his lack of punctuation makes his instructions a little hard to read. Let me clarify:

1) Put a capo at the 1st fret
2) Press down the low E string at the 17th fret
3) Examine the low E string in relation to the 7th fret. There should be a very slight gap, no more than the width of a few sheets of paper (or you can use a feeler guage as suggested) between the top of the 7th fret and the bottom of the low E string. If there's no gap, you need to loosen the truss rod; if there's too much of a gap, you need to tighten it.

Truss rod adjustments should be made in small increments (1/4 turn or so at one time) and let the guitar sit for a while to...well...adjust to whatever you've done. Then remeasure as described and go from there.
Hi, I'm Peter
How far are you adjusting? When you turn the truss rod you should adjust a 1/4 turn at a time.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER