Apart from UG, what would the Pit say are good guitar lesson websites?

I'm not really a beginner, I'm self taught, I just need to wrap my head around basic important things I left behind..scales, chord progressions, ear training...

If possible, I prefer article based sites, rather than videos.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
I've just set up a blog that goes through chords, scales, music theory, and guitar technique. It's aimed at guitarists of all genres and technical proficiency. Here's a link:

27fretguitarlessons.blogspot.com
Quote by Krieger91
I'm not really a beginner, I'm self taught, I just need to wrap my head around basic important things I left behind..scales, chord progressions, ear training...

It sounds like you're a beginner.
I learned through the articles here and they seem fine to me

The best advice I would give is just read multiple articles and check your sources so you're not learning misleading information. After reading a ton of stuff here I was able to understand most things jazz musicians talk about.

Classical theory however, like making a sonata and analyzing a fugue etc. I would recommend getting a theory book or taking some classes.

But if you just want to learn scales, chord progressions, and ear training you can do most of it here.
For ear training there are a ton of free apps available or just free websites.

Oh and get a keyboard, it helps out a lot and just having a basic knowledge of block chords is always nice.
Last edited by That Old Geezer at Jan 29, 2014,
justin guitar or on youtube when you search Marty Schwarz. he's a blues guy but knows A LOT about scaled and all that kind of stuff
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by macashmack
It sounds like you're a beginner.

You can be a great guitarist when it comes to technique and shredding and all that shit and still not know a damn thing you're doing.

He's probably an intermediate to advanced guitarist but a real novice musician.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Quote by caeser1156
You can be a great guitarist when it comes to technique and shredding and all that shit and still not know a damn thing you're doing.

He's probably an intermediate to advanced guitarist but a real novice musician.

That's the worst type person to play with IMO