Hi

This is pretty much my first post here so please tell me if im doing something wrong or breaking any rules

Anyway i pretty much want to share a song i wrote for my band and especially the sweep picking solos i did as i am heavily influenced by Jason becker and Guthrie govan.

Please comment and tell me what you think, if you have a track i will do it for you aswell

you can find the track on my page or on youtube here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjw15eSafXE

I also challenge you people to dare and play it

Offtopic advertising: also like us on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/AbandonedWorld

// Samuel Talebi from Abandoned World
Well firstly you are coming off as rather arrogant.

Secondly I'm pretty sure I could play that.

I liked the track, and the recording was good, but you seem more interested in showing off the fact that you can sweep pick rather than getting critiqued on your music.
Quote by Random3
Well firstly you are coming off as rather arrogant.

Secondly I'm pretty sure I could play that.

I liked the track, and the recording was good, but you seem more interested in showing off the fact that you can sweep pick rather than getting critiqued on your music.

The main reason i challenge people is to provoke feelings and curiosity like miley cyrus does with her new look and with her weed smoking this stuff gets her alot of free publicity. I think you seem to be the arrogant one, well go ahead and play it then why do you even care?

@SR7s - i checked it out, damn you have such a nice tone man! (unless ur woman? ) will comment more there
Quote by xinou
The main reason i challenge people is to provoke feelings and curiosity like miley cyrus does with her new look and with her weed smoking this stuff gets her alot of free publicity.

Hold on, you think that saying "I also challenge you people to dare and play it" means you get more publicity than not saying anything? Basically it came off like "look at me I can sweep pick I bet you can't I am better than all of you".

Quote by xinou
I think you seem to be the arrogant one, well go ahead and play it then why do you even care?

I think you have misunderstood me. You challenge people to dare and play your awesome sweep picking solo, and when someone says yeah they think they could play it you respond as if it is an insult? Music isn't a competition. Being confident in your ability is not the same as being arrogant, but the way your original post was worded it certainly came off as arrogant.
Well, seeing im in a hair/glam band, im cool with the slightly arrogant edge! Id love to cover this, do you happen to have a tab? If not, what key? And if you wanna make it easy, what sweeps are u using?
Anyways, as for the song, I dug the hell out of it! Im a huge fan of this style (Im also in a band that does this style, Xolaria) and i thought u guys sounded great! Keep it up! The production was great!
C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1631476

And im serious, if you want, and have tabs (Even if you dont) Ill prolly give covering this a go
Quote by awesomo41894
Well, seeing im in a hair/glam band, im cool with the slightly arrogant edge! Id love to cover this, do you happen to have a tab? If not, what key? And if you wanna make it easy, what sweeps are u using?
Anyways, as for the song, I dug the hell out of it! Im a huge fan of this style (Im also in a band that does this style, Xolaria) and i thought u guys sounded great! Keep it up! The production was great!
C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1631476

And im serious, if you want, and have tabs (Even if you dont) Ill prolly give covering this a go

Hey i dont have any tabs sorry haha, didnt really expect people to want to try cover it, we play 7 string drop A but the solos are in standard E tuning.

I am gonna check xolaria out, commented more on your thread
Yes, I'm pretty sure I can play it, sweeping is also my favourite thing xD

I really liked the song. The vocalist seems to know what he's doing, usually amateurs sound like crickets.. The riffs were headbangable (yes, I created a word) and nicely done..

My one observation was the out of time staccato riff strokes with the double bass, try quantizing to get them as perfect as possible.. Other than that good job..

Cheers
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by Necrolust
Yes, I'm pretty sure I can play it, sweeping is also my favourite thing xD

I really liked the song. The vocalist seems to know what he's doing, usually amateurs sound like crickets.. The riffs were headbangable (yes, I created a word) and nicely done..

My one observation was the out of time staccato riff strokes with the double bass, try quantizing to get them as perfect as possible.. Other than that good job..

Cheers

Thanks man! yeah he's almost a phil bozeman live, we're lucky to have him!
Finally someone who understands this music haha, yea the music is writen for headbanging and live performance.

Be sure to check us out we're opening for chelsea grin in sweden in march and touring with six feet under later on
Quote by 1111belphegor
Br00tal as f**K!
Guitar playing flawless - killer tone!
Growls and screams from the dead!
Brilliant stuff!
Would appreciate your views on my recent song:
Heart of Ammit (Lake of Fire) by Kha

I am on it bro, lets see what you have for me
Thanks for the feedback!
You shouldn't "challenge" people here, unless you're ready to be taken down a peg or two. Just saying, thats not very professional or cool, even the best know there's always bigger fish.
Quote by nomadic7480
You shouldn't "challenge" people here, unless you're ready to be taken down a peg or two. Just saying, thats not very professional or cool, even the best know there's always bigger fish.

I am fully aware of that we actually had a gig in bangladesh and you know how some asian people play right? haha
I seriously doubt that xinou will "be taken down a peg or two" just by people SAYING that they can play those sweeps as good as him (and damn they are good)…

Deathcore is all about attitude. Besides, a good ol' challenge could be great fun! So, Random3, why not let us hear it! ;-)

Keep it up xinou - I look forward to hearing more from Abandoned World!
Quote by 1111belphegor
I seriously doubt that xinou will "be taken down a peg or two" just by people SAYING that they can play those sweeps as good as him (and damn they are good)…

Being that this is a board where people post recordings of themselves, I think that assuming no one would back it up with more than words is naive.

Anyway, I liked the song, the playing is strong yet a bit repetitive.
Last edited by nomadic7480 at Jan 31, 2014,
There are a lot of players here that can out-sweep you anyway. I'm not one of them, because it's not my style. that being said. i agree with most post here about it being a solid performance. It's just not my style though.

You haven't broken any rules btw. in fact you are one of the few new users who actually post in the right section of the site
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
It's a bit extreme for me so I'm not that keen on the vocals, but that's just my opinion. I thought that the actual instrumental bit, again a bit extreme for me, was good and I could see it working especially well in a live situation. All in all a pretty solid performance.
Quote by 1111belphegor
Deathcore is all about attitude. Besides, a good ol' challenge could be great fun! So, Random3, why not let us hear it! ;-)

Because I am not going to waste my time transcribing a sweep picking pattern, learning it and then recording it just to try and prove that I can do it better than someone.

Music is not a competition, and the point I originally made was that, regardless of how well you can sweep pick, saying "i challenge anyone to be as good as me" is incredibly childish and arrogant.
Quote by Random3
Because I am not going to waste my time transcribing a sweep picking pattern, learning it and then recording it just to try and prove that I can do it better than someone.

Music is not a competition, and the point I originally made was that, regardless of how well you can sweep pick, saying "i challenge anyone to be as good as me" is incredibly childish and arrogant.

Thats a great excuse man but hey even if you did cover it GREAT, now could you WRITE it?
I didnt challenge anyone to be as good as me, coz frankly theres plenty better, satch, vai, becker, guthrie, gambale, shawn lane, marty friedman, malmsteen, al di meola, jody fisher and lil wayne(?). I challenged you to dare and play it but appareantly you dont have the balls broshan.

but for any genre theres always haters, just look at bieber, so many haters yet a bigger name than any of us will have.

but dont worry bro, i dont hate you and i agree music isnt a competition, but the music industry doesnt share our opinion though
Quote by 1111belphegor
Keep it up xinou - I look forward to hearing more from Abandoned World!

Thanks bro, we're still working on our EP, i tell you what when i hear more from you i'll let you hear more from me
Quote by xinou
Thats a great excuse man but hey even if you did cover it GREAT, now could you WRITE it?
I didnt challenge anyone to be as good as me, coz frankly theres plenty better, satch, vai, becker, guthrie, gambale, shawn lane, marty friedman, malmsteen, al di meola, jody fisher and lil wayne(?). I challenged you to dare and play it but appareantly you dont have the balls broshan.

but for any genre theres always haters, just look at bieber, so many haters yet a bigger name than any of us will have.

but dont worry bro, i dont hate you and i agree music isnt a competition, but the music industry doesnt share our opinion though

Wow. Just wow.

And for the record, you DO know Guthrie Govan doesn't care for sweep picking, which is why he taps his arpeggios, right?
Quote by nomadic7480
Wow. Just wow.

And for the record, you DO know Guthrie Govan doesn't care for sweep picking, which is why he taps his arpeggios, right?

ye, i dont think satch is much of a sweeper either, he likes legato more.

so much misinterpretation never said guthrie is a sweeper i said hes lightyears away from me. not in a million years would i have his knowledge and skill
Quote by xinou
ye, i dont think satch is much of a sweeper either, he likes legato more.

so much misinterpretation never said guthrie is a sweeper i said hes lightyears away from me. not in a million years would i have his knowledge and skill

In your original post, you said you sweep picked because you are influenced by Jason Becker and Guthrie Govan.
Quote by nomadic7480
In your original post, you said you sweep picked because you are influenced by Jason Becker and Guthrie Govan.

I sweep pick because i think its awesome, now your just turning out to be a effin rtard it seems.

yes i sweep because guthrie influences me greatly, never said he sweeps though

now im just abusing the word sweep picking lol and no its not the only thing i do, future question answered.
Last edited by xinou at Feb 2, 2014,
sounds pretty heavy. your vocalist is pretty convincing. great performances all around.

the style is reminds me of metalcore though, i'm not a fan of that style so i guess i'm not a good judge.

the lead playing is very clean and professional sounding, and it fits the song.

having said all that...like the others, i'm also of the opinion that you need to check your attitude. your comments make you seem rather immature, both about music and in general.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
xinou,
Thank you for the review! Now your tune: audio quality is good all around. Vocals are too heavy for my taste. Guitar playing is tight, I like most to the riffs. Drums are appropriate for the style of music. Good lead guitar. I could not play this, you win
Quote by xinou

Yes, I almost certainly could write a sweep picking pattern that goes up-down-up-down-up-down etc. I tend not to however because I find it boring.

Quote by xinou
I didnt challenge anyone to be as good as me... I challenged you to dare and play it but appareantly you dont have the balls broshan.

So why would you challenge people to dare and play it if not to prove that you are better than them? And if you read my comment properly you would know that "not having the balls broshan" has absolutely nothing to do with the reason I said.

Quote by xinou

Yes, except I am not hating your music. The track itself was quite good, and I am fond of certain metalcore bands. I was objecting to your attitude.

Quote by xinou

I don't really know what to say to this. The music industry's perceived collective opinion has absolutely nothing to do with challenging people to sweep pick. Unless you think that saying "I bet you can't play these sweeps I wrote" benefits you somehow in the eyes of the industry. Of course bands compete for sales, the attention of labels etc but that has absolutely nothing to do with trying to show off your sweep picking on a forum.
Quote by Ezkaton66
Nice.. those sweeps and chugs remind me a little of Thy art is murder though

Hahah couldnt compare to their chugs and crazy production, but thanks dude!