Hey guys. I''m looking for a new amp for bedroom use and any advice suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I tend to play metal(ish) music like Kilswitch Engage, Darkest hour, metallica, Lamb of god, protest the hero etc, but can vary from time to time. I have been looking at the Blackstar HT-5R and the Peavey Bandit 112 and these seem like they are pretty decent amps for what I'm looking for but, other than youtube videos, have not heard them in person. Do these amps provide the metal tones I'm looking food and are there any other amps out there that are within my price range?

My current setup is an ESP LTD-1000 being played through a Line 6 Spider 4 15 (What was i thinking??!) and a Boss Metal Zone MT-2 pedal.
What exactly is your price range? Location?
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Thanks for the quick reply. I live in North Wales and the closest decent guitar store round here is 2 hours away so was looking to buy online. Ideally, I would like to spend no more than £400.
Quote by classicrocker01

+1

I highly recommend the Digitech Bad Monkey as a cheap boost.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Can't recommend that head enough. The amount of gain on that thing is ridiculous. It has a really nice low end grind, which is why I take it out on the road now instead of my DSL. Though once I build a case for my dsl I will take both so I have a back up
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
I third the Jet city's. I have the 20w 22H head and I love it. Has a ridiculous amount of gain on tap
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
Seagull S6
Laney Lionheart L5T

and a bunch pedals...
Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated! Never heard of Jet City Amps before and they sound pretty awesome! However, i'm having trouble finding any UK dealers online (link above is sold out!) therefore I may have to wait a while for that amp.

And good shout on that Digitech Bad Monkey, a steal at that price!
wales huh? I thought you'd got asylum in russia

sorry

but yeah jet city's good. that one that was linked is the lower gain one, though. either the 50 watt head (~£250 on thomann or http://www.jetcityamplificationstore.co.uk/product-category/heads/ their UK store) or the 50 watt 1x12 combo on thomann would work. If you get the head the harley benton 2x12 cab with vintage 30 speakers is hard to beat for ~£160.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
No relation to Edward don't worry! Appears as though the Jet City heads are also sold out as well, however i do see that the 20 watt combo amp is in stock there. Is there any difference between the 20 and 50 watt models?
thomann is a huge Jet city dealer. They should have the 22H in stock in february. Not sure about the 50, just give them a call or send them an email
Seagull S6
Laney Lionheart L5T

and a bunch pedals...
No hijacking intended but is there a big sound difference between the 22 qnd the 50h?
Seagull S6
Laney Lionheart L5T

and a bunch pedals...
I was just gonna say they should be available. They may be sold out but they are definitely sold there!

Can't say anything about a difference between wattage and such, I have the 100h. You can google it, there are a variety of versions of the heads and a BUNCH of mods, and I think you can order modded ones as well.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Quote by Snowden
No relation to Edward don't worry! Appears as though the Jet City heads are also sold out as well, however i do see that the 20 watt combo amp is in stock there. Is there any difference between the 20 and 50 watt models?

I've only tried the 50. the 22 supposedly has the same preamp as the 50 watt head so presumably should sound fairly similar. the single channel 20 watter doesn't have the high gain channel though so should probably be avoided if you have the option of the higher gain model.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?