Alright, I have had this Crate GLX212 for some years now and it has served me well, but I'd like to replace it with something that is similarly loud but a bit cleaner in sound. I would love an all-tube amp [2x12 would be great but $$$]. I have my eyes set on an Orange Tiny Terror TT15C-12 15W 1x12 Tube amp, but I have no way to play on one before I decide if I want to buy it [none of the smaller Orange amps available at my local music shops].

I play everything from clean to super heavy, and have a Boss ME-50 pedal for effects [Honestly not sure how well effects work on tube amps, considering the distortion comes from volume]. I don't need crazy volume, but the drummer I play with is loud. I typically have the pedal master volume at just above 1/2, similar when playing with on-board effects. Will the 1x12 15W be enough power, or should I save a bunch and get a 2x12 30w? Are there any other amps in a similar price range [~$1000] that are better than the Orange?
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Just make sure you buy from a place with a solid return policy, that way if you don't like it you can sent it back.

15 watts *should* be more than adequate to hear yourself over the drummer, especially if you've mic'd yourself. However if having cleans at loud volumes is important to you then the 30watt would probably be a better choice. You might consider a dual terror or a Dark Terror as well.

I wouldn't say there are "better" amps in that price range, simply different amps. Orange makes great stuff and if that's the sound you like then go for it.
You'll want more headroom if you want cleans. What kind of styles do you play and whats your local craigslist?
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Typically if I play with the Drummer it's metal/hard rock, although high volume cleans are important as we play clean on occasion. Local CL is Seattle/Tacoma. I should add that we don't gig, we only play at my house, so I typically won't be mic'd unless we decide to record. I play a PRS custom 24 and an Ibanez RG3 through a Boss ME-50.
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
The TT really doesn't do cleans. Even my Dual Terror doesn't do a pristine clean at drummer volumes. It's passable, but theres a bit of grit.
You may like that tone, though. I certainly do.

What sort of bands do you like the tones of. Giving us an idea of this well help amp recommendations immensely.
[404]Signature not found
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/msg/4270863506.html Needs talked down a little, but good option
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/msg/4299932411.html If you can get him to sell for a decent price
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/msg/4295590795.html Perfect amp for you I think
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/msg/4297205336.html Single channel but awesome setup
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Want a JCM 2000 TSL 122? I'm in the area, I just need to get it fixed up at some point.

I've never been that impressed the headroom on Orange amps, but I also haven't played around with them much.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Those look like some good options, I'll check into Craigslist more once I get back home. I'm a huge Mesa fan as well but found most of their stuff to be over my budget when new. I was mostly looking at new, but in my price range I may want to consider used to get the extra wattage.

Rogue Hermit, you can PM me if you'd like with info about the amp.
-Douglas Adams
So I'm now thinking about going with a Peavey 6505+ combo. Seems like good reviews, I have played the 6505+ head before and it sounded great. Anyone have pros/cons for this amp? Unfortunately they don't do the 2x12 anymore.
-Douglas Adams
Quote by Prototype4342
So I'm now thinking about going with a Peavey 6505+ combo. Seems like good reviews, I have played the 6505+ head before and it sounded great. Anyone have pros/cons for this amp? Unfortunately they don't do the 2x12 anymore.

You can get a used Peavey 5150/6505 2x12 combo for $500used all the time

The 5150/6505 are different amps than the 5150 II/6505+, they still make the 6505 2x12 but they have never made a 6505+ 2x12. The 2x12 combo's are also made in the USA the 1x12 is made in china.

Here is the only 6505 2x12 I could find but you can get it for less
www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Used-Peavey-6505-60W-2X221-COMBO-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-110420896-i3907607.gc

But here is a 5150 2x12 for $450
www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Used-Peavey-5150-2x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-110695036-i4101558.gc
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
So here are my current contenders.
Vox AC15C1
Vox AC15C2
Vox AC30CC2 [used]
Peavey 6505+ 112
Peavey 6505 212 [used]
Peavey 5150 [used]
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Jet City JCA50H
-Douglas Adams
6505 has abysmal cleans, that are more akin to crunch

Few more to look at: Carvin V3, Mesa 5:25 or 5:50 Express, Mini Rectifier
EVH 5150 Mk III (the new EVH amp by Fender)
Egnater Tweaker 40 watt or up

I'd suggest looking up at 30 watt amps tube and up, I could cut above drummer in my Orange TT 15 watter but I had to have it connected to 2x12 cab. The TT is fantastic amp but doesn't have effects loop, so you can use your ME-50 for reverbs and delay if you so choose.
Get the peavey 6505/5150 (they are the same amp renamed) and get a chorus pedal for the cleans.

The Peavey 6505+ does have a better clean channel than the 6505/5150, but it still benefits with a chorus on the clean channel.

The Jet City is also a good option, but no real clean channel

The rest of your list is not geared towards hard rock/metal at all so I'd forget about them

If cleans are a nessesity look at a used Peavey XXX 1x12 or 2x12 or a Peavey JSX 2x12

Here is a JSX 2x12 for $550
www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Used-Peavey-JSX-Joe-Satriani-Signature-2X12-120W-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-110549979-i3947847.gc

The JSX has a great clean channel and a mashally crunch channel. The lead channel is very Mesa Dual rectifier like . The JSX is deff one of the most versatile amps Peavey has ever made
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Well I bit the bullet and picked up a Peavey JSX head today, should be here next week some time. I played one in my local GC [was $200 more than the one I bought] and really liked it, needs some tweaking to get my particular sound but it was much more versatile than the 6505+ combo I played. Cleans were great too. Gonna mod my current 2x12 to use as a cab until I can pic something up.
-Douglas Adams
the JSX will make you happy
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Just wanted to share my new setup. Using my GLX as a cab until I pick something up.

-Douglas Adams
Congrats nice amp.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Hell yeah! Looks like a box of fun, Happy New Peavey Day!
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20