Like the title says, I eleminate the middle (the mono part) of a track and all of a sudden the sides become mono? Why don't I just have hard panned left and hard panned right sounds? Because I want to extract the left guitar without any of the right and without any bass drums and vocals. But if I first substract the monopart then I'm not able to choose left or right aftwards because those sides are converted to mono?

This is weird, any ideas? Or explanations
What are you using to get rid of the mono/middle? Some PC program?

I would guess that the easiest way to remove the middle would be to just subtract the left from the right. Anything common gets set to 0 and you then end up with the left and right originals as mono. That's just a guess. I could envision more sophisticated software that finds the common part (perhaps by doing a diff of the final above and the original) and more intelligently subtracting that content from both stereo channels.
If you've got two parts that are the exact same thing panned hard left and hard right it's going to sound mono. I don't think you're explaining your problem properly.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Can you tell us what you did? I'm not getting you either.

What mic did you use, and in what configuration?
Did you use any other mics? Where were they?
How many tracks do you have in your DAW? (that you are trying to do M/S with)
What have you done to those tracks?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by slash&angus
I want to extract the left guitar without any of the right and without any bass drums and vocals.

So, like removing or isolating a guitar track from a previously recorded and mixed song?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
I'm going to guess that what he's removed the center using the same old trick everyone does (he may have used software, but even that has probably just applied this trick from the sounds of things).
He's taken a stereo track, split it into two mono tracks (left and right), reversed the phase of one of them, and summed them together as a single mono track which contains nothing that was panned center.

TS, the reason it's mono rather than stereo with no middle is to do with how stereo sources (speakers, headphones, etc.) reproduce sound. When you play back a sound, there's no actual center speaker that gets played when something is in the center, so they cheat by playing it back equally through both the left and right speakers. For the center removal trick to work you're causing something called "destructive interference" or "phase cancellation" by playing the left and right tracks through the same speaker, whilst having one of them flipped upside down. If you just flipped them without playing them through the same speaker then you'd get some funny phase cancelling sounds out of a set of speakers, and who knows how it'd be with headphones (headphones are different because the speakers are completely isolate, you only hear the left with your left ear and so on).

Basically, what it all comes down to is the same thing we keep saying, but everyone likes to ask anyway: You cannot isolate individual tracks or instruments from a professional recording after mixdown.
Recap:

I got indeed a mixed down song. Then got an EQ or a volume plugin that can manipulate mid/side differently. Got rid of the mid-part. So I'm only left with the sides. But as soon as I get rid of the mid-part, the outer left and outer right both get played in left and right ear, so they are converted to mono.
Quote by chatterbox272

Basically, what it all comes down to is the same thing we keep saying, but everyone likes to ask anyway: You cannot isolate individual tracks or instruments from a professional recording after mixdown.

but it's probably the last bit yes. It just seems hard to get why you can't extract anything that's only hard panned left or right.
Chatterbox's comment is the main thing. With a little luck and some finesse, you can minimize instruments in the playback (for fake karaoke for example). If you're using a plugin, this sounds obvious, but make sure it's a stereo-in, stereo-out plugin. If you're using some better recording software, you might be able to send the channels to different buses and then EQ or manipulate the tracks separately (or with different plugins) and get closer to what you're trying to do.
Quote by slash&angus
but it's probably the last bit yes. It just seems hard to get why you can't extract anything that's only hard panned left or right.

The reason you can't do that is because to remove the center instruments from the right side you have to play the left track through it, and vice versa for the left side with the right track.