Page 1 of 5
Actually, really fun game if you like google street view, guessing and the world. Try it out http://geoguessr.com/

I got 10283 points first try. Totally missed a Russia guess.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Yeah love that game. It's really nice when you just get it spot on. But it's hard sometimes especially in those American and Australian endless roads.
Quote by willT08
Been posted here before.

I always just look for street names and then google

that's cheating. you look for street signs and guess from there.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I keep getting ones right in the middle of absolute nowhere and I'm guessing by landscape
Played it with a couple roommates last year, got within a meter of one of the spots WITHOUT using Google.

EDIT: Just got 14275 points!
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Last edited by Rogue Hermit at Jan 26, 2014,
Actually did a lot better than I thought I would, 10,458 points. I always atleast guessed in the right country.
Quote by willT08
Been posted here before.

I always just look for street names and then google

Well that's just cheating

I searched geoguessr and I only got the gay thread so I figured it hadn't reached the masses.

Quote by willT08
I keep getting ones right in the middle of absolute nowhere and I'm guessing by landscape

I just mistook California for Australia solely based on landscape. Awkward.
Seen loads of trees, guessed it would be Scandinavia, guessed it would be Sweden, and I was right

Other guesses....not so good.
wtf i got three in mexico/the gulf
one in canada and one in south america..

ffs, didn't know I could move around and search for street signs until i read here though.

got like 5000 points :/

I did manage to check in one in that game me 2000 points alone though, I was like 100km away somehwere in Canada.

sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
My last one I had narrowed down to either Colorado (cuz it totes looks just like where I live) and Finland. Naturally, I chose Colorado and it was Finland :\
PM me for newts
I got plopped in front of a street sign and was still half a continent off.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by StewieSwan
My last one I had narrowed down to either Colorado (cuz it totes looks just like where I live) and Finland. Naturally, I chose Colorado and it was Finland :\

You should have checked for metric measurements in signs.
Wtf I'm actually INSIDE a palace/museum and I can't leave it and there's nothing written anywhere!
9418 on my first try. My closest guess was only off by about 200km, which I think it fairly good.
This game is mad. I've just researched a farming co-operative to find which country, then googled the name of a bus company to narrow it down to a likely area.

And all I got was 2000 odd points in the end

What is life
And now I get put in the middle of a tennis court and can't leave

This game hates me
10687 on my first go
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Got 16717. My last guess was way off. It was this small palace thing like I mentioned before with portraits of royalty/noblility and 19th century style fancy stuff (beds, tables etc.) lying around. There was some stuff in English so I just guessed somewhere in the middle of England because it all looked quite European. But nope, it was Rhode ****ing Island.
I always guess great 4/5 questions then miss the last one, giving me just above 10k points. Every. Single. Time.

Quote by willT08
This game is mad. I've just researched a farming co-operative to find which country, then googled the name of a bus company to narrow it down to a likely area.

And all I got was 2000 odd points in the end

What is life

Quote by daytripper75

Ahh I love this.

Sometimes the game itself can help you cheat...just by sticking me in a place with a rather obvious Canadian flag.
Quote by Kensai
I always guess great 4/5 questions then miss the last one, giving me just above 10k points. Every. Single. Time.

Yeah, I always seem to land right around 9000-10000 points.

Stupid Australia looking like everywhere else has screwed me up a few times.
tfw you get one in Sweden.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
you ever find yourself thinking "I have no idea where this is but it's beautiful and I want to go there"?
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Stupid Brazil. I just had one that had a very obvious Sao Paulo Football Club sign, and it was all the way at the top of Brazil rather than in Sao Paulo.
Quote by Hydra150
you ever find yourself thinking "I have no idea where this is but it's beautiful and I want to go there"?

Yup, and we probably wouldn't know half of these places exist if it weren't for geoguessr.

I know everybody wants to travel and see the world....but I really, really want to.
my highest (individual guess) score is 4251, and that ended my shameful streak of mistaking south america with spain and vice versa
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Closest one so far was 157km, and it was in the middle of Sweden. I tend to look for signs of some sort. Usually the language gives a clue, even if it isn't a place name or something like that.
Quote by daytripper75
Yeah, I always seem to land right around 9000-10000 points.

Stupid Australia looking like everywhere else has screwed me up a few times.

Right? Or some other place looks like Australia.

Quote by Hydra150

All the time.
Quote by daytripper75
Closest one so far was 157km, and it was in the middle of Sweden. I tend to look for signs of some sort. Usually the language gives a clue, even if it isn't a place name or something like that.

I think I got 3m once, a few months ago.
THIS BIG BALD GUY HAD AN "AMERICA" SHIRT ON AND IT WAS IN SWEDEN

ugh
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
I don't look places up. I look for clues on buildings, signs, etc, but I don't try Googling them or anything. That's no fun.

This sign just helped me get my closest so far, which was only 108km away.

Page 1 of 5