Hello all, i have never gotten the chance to play a mesa Lonestar classic and i was wondering if the clean channel and reverb are worth the upgrade from my current amp, a twin reverb? thanks!
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional, Honey Burst
Alvarez Cedar Top
Fender Twin Reverb
CAE dual-fasel wah
EMMA DiscumBOBulator
T-Rex Yellow Drive
TC Spark
Mooer Phaser
TC Flashback X4
We meet again

It's been a long time since I've played a Lonestar, but I remember the cleans being fantastic. However, I don't think it would be worth upgrading for just the clean.

By the way, how do you like that Les Paul?
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by classicrocker01
We meet again

It's been a long time since I've played a Lonestar, but I remember the cleans being fantastic. However, I don't think it would be worth upgrading for just the clean.

By the way, how do you like that Les Paul?

yes we do! sorry about that btw.

i love the les paul, ive never done a ngd for it or anything that i have so i might do that soon, im so glad i didnt get a chambered body, it can be kinda muddy sounding at times but thats because of the twins open back cab i think.
Gear
Alvarez Cedar Top
Fender Twin Reverb
CAE dual-fasel wah
EMMA DiscumBOBulator
T-Rex Yellow Drive
TC Spark
Mooer Phaser
TC Flashback X4
Short answer: no.

Longer answer: No, unless you are wanting a darker clean sound. The Lonestar is quite Fendery sounding, but has its own character and is generally a bit darker. The Lonestar can also get much grittier on the clean channel and obviously has a separate lead channel is that tickles your fancy.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
^HE'S ALIVE!!!!

Quote by Reverb&Reggae
yes we do! sorry about that btw.

All good bro, commented in your profile and friended you, btw
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by Kevin Saale
Short answer: no.

Longer answer: No, unless you are wanting a darker clean sound. The Lonestar is quite Fendery sounding, but has its own character and is generally a bit darker. The Lonestar can also get much grittier on the clean channel and obviously has a separate lead channel is that tickles your fancy.

+1

R&R didn't you just get a Plexi of some sort?

Are wanting something different than the Twin or am I getting you confused with someone else

I mean if you are looking for an amp with a GREAT clean channel and a 'better' dirt channel than what you have now the Lonestar might be right up your alley. But as usual, you will need to fill in some gaps as to what you are trying to accomplish vs....is the Lonestar a good amp.

Quote by classicrocker01
^HE'S ALIVE!!!!

Supposedly.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
+1

I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
+1

R&R didn't you just get a Plexi of some sort?

Are wanting something different than the Twin or am I getting you confused with someone else

I mean if you are looking for an amp with a GREAT clean channel and a 'better' dirt channel than what you have now the Lonestar might be right up your alley. But as usual, you will need to fill in some gaps as to what you are trying to accomplish vs....is the Lonestar a good amp.

that must have been someone else, i am also looking for a high gain amp but we have already talked about all that, this is a seperate venture per say.

on another note i am really diggin that fender vaporizer amp!
Gear
Alvarez Cedar Top
Fender Twin Reverb
CAE dual-fasel wah
EMMA DiscumBOBulator
T-Rex Yellow Drive
TC Spark
Mooer Phaser
TC Flashback X4
i'm not sure i've tried the two head to head but i'd highly doubt its clean is any better than a twin reverb. a twin reverb is basically your industry standard clean tone, everything else is compared to it. where the lone star might be worth upgrading to is if you need a decent overdrive channel as well. if you just need cleans i'd stick with what you have.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm after every decent amp I see atm I've got horrible amp gas for something so unique and lots of reverb and clean and mid to lowish high gain.
Gear
Alvarez Cedar Top
Fender Twin Reverb
CAE dual-fasel wah
EMMA DiscumBOBulator
T-Rex Yellow Drive
TC Spark
Mooer Phaser
TC Flashback X4
Check out the Rivera Knucklehead Tre, very close Fender-type Cleans all the way to high gain brootz.

Personally, I'd keep the Twin and get another amp for whatever.

Quote by Kevin Saale
Supposedly.

Hey! How's Med school?
i love my twin, im planing on keeping it around just for the reliability and timeless position in the industry, I've seen that amp around never checked it out due to rivera's sometime daunting prices, nothing i couldn't save up for though, ill check it out.
Gear
Alvarez Cedar Top
Fender Twin Reverb
CAE dual-fasel wah
EMMA DiscumBOBulator
T-Rex Yellow Drive
TC Spark
Mooer Phaser
TC Flashback X4
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I thought of you R&R. This was for someone else. Similar needs though.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32309992&postcount=23

thanks dude those Soldano Astroverbs have always tickled my fancy. i wish jet city did a version of it.

edit: whoops i meant a soldano lucky 13
Gear
Alvarez Cedar Top
Fender Twin Reverb
CAE dual-fasel wah
EMMA DiscumBOBulator
T-Rex Yellow Drive
TC Spark
Mooer Phaser
TC Flashback X4
Having had a Lone Star, I honestly stopped caring about the Twin Reverb once I had the LS. Still regret selling the LS. Taste is a curious thing though.
I bought a lonestar classic recently and have had the same experience as everyone is describing above. While the cleans are clean and shiny, they are slightly darker and bassy-er than a fender.

If you're looking to add a little crunch to the cleans, then the lonestar is great amp. It's the best amp I've ever heard or played through.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
oh yeah

not trying to say the Lonestar has better cleans

i was thinking R&R was after an amp with really nice cleans and really nice disti (low-mid gain)

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?