I'm into the metalcore/post-hardcore type pf music (blessthefall, the color morale, etc.) and are wondering if there is a guitar brand that would be recommended to suit this genre of music. I heard Ibanez is a good one. Also list an amp and pedal if you can. Thank you very much.
Ibanez would have a lot of good choices. ESP/LTD is probably my favorite for the heavier genres. What amp are you using, what guitars do you have, what is your budget, and where do you live? What are some specs of the guitar you want?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JacobyDB
I'm into the metalcore/post-hardcore type pf music (blessthefall, the color morale, etc.) and are wondering if there is a guitar brand that would be recommended to suit this genre of music. I heard Ibanez is a good one. Also list an amp and pedal if you can. Thank you very much.

a brand isn't as important as the specs of the guitar. right tools for the job. a budget would help. as Rooster says Ibanez and esp/ltd make many guitars suited to your style but of course so do others. as for other gear once again how much you wanna spend will get you better answers
I only have a small practice amp and a cheap electric guitar, im just using this until I can learn the fundamentals, and can play decently, then I will invest into better gear. I live near Clearfield, Iowa. (Very, very small town) My budget is kind of small, probably within $500-$1000. I would like a tremolo bar on my new guitar. I've hear Boss pedals are good for a metal sound and the guitar iv'e been looking at is a Epiphone Les Paul Nightfall at Guitar Center. Here are the specs:
Body: Mahogany
Neck: Hard maple
Neck shape: SpeedTaper "D" profile
Neck Joint: Set
Scale: 24-3/4"
Fingerboard: Ebony with 12th-fret abalone inlay
Neck pickup: Passive EMG-HZ-4 humbucker
Bridge pickup: Passive EMG-HZ-4A humbucker
Controls: 3-way pickup selector, neck pickup volume with push/pull coil-splitting, bridge pickup volume with push/pull coil-splitting, neck pickup tone, bridge pickup tone
Frets: 22 medium-jumbo
Bridge: Floyd Rose® Special tremolo with locking R4 nut
Nut Width: 1-11/16" (R4 nut)
Hardware: Black
Machine Heads: Grover 14:1 ratio
Finish: Gloss body and satin neck
I don't find Boss pedals to be that great when it comes to their Distortion stompboxes personally, but I ALSO haven't tried any of their much newer products. There are loads of guitars you are able to look at especially if you are willing to save a little. I have not had any experience with the epi you mentioned though.

one guitar I had played around with a lot was this
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Damien-Platinum-6-with-Floyd-Rose-Electric-Guitar-108730045-i2891388.gc

This appears to be a newer version, and the Bat inlays sure are something special. But Schecter makes loads of different guitars using the same components, colors, and all that stuff.

Like others said, esp/ltd can definitely bring you places. While I always loved the 1000 series, especially with the passive pickups, maybe someone can help you out with suggestions. This one is mildly priced

http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-LTD-EC-401-Electric-Guitar-with-Floyd-Rose-Bridge-476286-i2192828.gc

Also don't be afraid to go used! you can sometimes snag a great deal if you sit, wait, wait, and wait! Then you pounce and save yourself a lot of cash.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
get a better amp before you worry about pedals etc. for $1000 you can get a good guitar and amp setup that will last you a while. spending that much on a guitar just to plug into some little shitty practice amp is a waste and will lead to disappointment.
Look for a used LTD EC-1000 if you like the LP shape. I did a quick search and I found one for $299 and a couple more for $399 on this site www.guitarcenter.com/usedgear way better than the Epi

I would also look at a used Peavey 6505+ combo there is 1 for $379 and several for $399 on that site

This would give you a solid rig that will last you for a long time and be fully gigable if you do play in a band
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate