So I have lots of questions, I want to growl and scream sing for my own music. I play all instruments I'll use minus I'll have to use a drum kit when I record, but I'll also want to do my own vocals, one man band kinda deal.

Idk the volume used to do those techniques, is it low volume out of your vocal chords and just the mic is turned up, like I can do scream and growl, but it isn't as loud as I hear bands do, so I assume I am doing it wrong, because if I was to sound like modern recorded songs I'd have to have mic up, or near swallow it to get volume I'd assume. The sound I specifically want is like this:

Falling in Reverse- Don't mess with ouija boards

If possible I am also looking for a link to a practice workout to get better at this. thanks
Still searching for info, I just got my interface yesterday, so once I am done being sick I will test this myself. But it still won't answer whether the quiet sounds with a close up mic are the right tech. to go about doing this.
take a look at the screaming/growling sticky in this forum.

The band you are referring to uses fry screaming. Look up youtube tutorials for it. It can be loud or quiet and has advocates for both. If it's lower than speaking volume, it's probably going to sound terrible when recorded, just an fyi.

Screaming is something that can be made artificially aggressive for some styles. Fry is one of these. Through double tracking and hard compression, a good producer can make a decent tone sound great. Notice how I said decent though. Nothing is going to save the tonality of someone who is whispering into the mic. So in the end, volume doesn't matter, tone does.

Proper tone and technique is usually years in the making, especially with fry. There are guys that can inherently get it quicker than others, yes. But for the most part it's a long, frustrating process. A technique that is easier to attain yet harder to master is the false cord growl. I have some tutorials for it. It's not going to necessarily give you the sound you want but it will get you going faster than fry will and is almost always louder (and so easier to record with a begginner setup like you most likely will have).

So with all that said, mic up adjust the input volume until you are not clipping at the interface and scream away. It will either be awful or not. From there, you'll know whether you need to add tone or volume. Note: Most beginning screamers whisper and get "false" distortion in their ears from gargling spit around. If so, your scream will sound like nothing but a crappy whisper with none of the distortion that you think you hear.