I have 2 guitars, An Ibanez GRX20 (Less than $200) and Nikko (First ever guitar p ) Anyway, I bought the Ibanez thinking I would put fat strings on so i could play really low stuff like Breaking Benjamin, Slipknot, Bullet For my Valentine, etc. And use the other for standard tuning. So i went through with it, but the Ibanez sounds really "Hollow" I would call it and doesnt' have much muscle to it when I play that low (switching between pickups didn't help either) , and also when i had it set up, they had to put the saddles almost all the way up, which really bothers me. (Please excuse my rambling like an idiot ) The lowest tuning I would go would be probably the next drop tuning after A#. My friend has an LTD F100 that he would sell me, but I want one for low stuff, and one for standard/drop D type stuff.So from a more experienced view point, what should I look for in a guitar that I would use to play low? and what would be a good set of strings to use without having the saddles all the way up? (I'm currently running 12.16.20p.32.42.54 on my Ibanez.)
I would first ask, what kind of bridge is on the Ibanez, from googleing it looks like its got a fender trem.

Second, id think maybe new pickups, probably ones made more for metal/drop tunings?

third. F100's are sweet, get it.
Gear:

Guitars:
BC Rich Warlock
Dean 88
ME682-In Progress
Amps:
Carvin SX300
Etc:
Clayton 1.0mm picks
Planet Waves cables.
My cheap ass G-400 with Ernie Ball Beefy Slinkys (11-54) is great for some of the stuff you want to play (I have played some slipknot and bullet, it sounds great).
Basically what abyssspecter said. Try swapping out the pickups. DiMarzio X2N or the classic EMG81 & 85. Something made for metal. A 200 dollar guitar probably didn't come with very good pickups. Also, try GHS ZW boomers (13-60). If you can afford it, try an EQ pedal. If you're not picky, JOYO sells a 7 band eq for around and 50 bucks.
it's all beacause of PUps, it doesn't have enough responce in the low frequencies, change the bridgy pu to any normal Pu, like 80$ and u get it
Quote by abyssspecter
I would first ask, what kind of bridge is on the Ibanez, from googleing it looks like its got a fender trem.

Second, id think maybe new pickups, probably ones made more for metal/drop tunings?

Well, what i was thinking was maybe revert the Ibanez back to the thinner strings, and use the LTD for the way low tunings that I was thinking of.
Quote by abyssspecter

Yeah, it's just a regular fender bridge