I have a B-52 Stealth Series LG100a guitar Amplifier . The amp. had a humming feed back problem. I opened up the head case and searched for any obvious trouble, loose wires, bad grounds, burn and over heat conditions etc. I found no problems. I sprayed some contact cleaner in all the potentiometers, switches and plugs. When I plugged in the guitar and turned on the amp, there was a low output of sound. I checked all connections and cables all was good. I tapped on everything and nothing seemed to be intermittent (everything worked before I opened up the head case.
I checked the resistance on all the switches,looked for any damage I may have done and everything looks okay.
I can find no schematics or forum help for this B-52 head model. This is a LG 100a which is solid state not a tube amp. I can find plenty of information for the B-52 Tube amp.
Can any one help me with this malfunction? I don't want to spend money on a service technician. I could fix this problem if I had the proper schematic and a suggestion on troubleshooting. I have no idea where to begin to find whats broke. No smells or obvious trouble that I have seen.
I am a retired F-16 electrician, I have a decent repair shop in my basement. I would really appreciate any help or advice.
Thank You,
Dennis, Indiana U.S.A.
What you need is a new amp
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Quote by caeser1156
What you need is a new amp

That doesn't help, I need troubleshooting ideas, thanks anyway
What you need is a new amp.

Or, take this topic to the "Guitar Gear and Accessories" section. They can help you. We'll just dick around with you.
you probably should just take it to a technician or something even if you dont want to

you arent gonna get mad at us and yell at everyone like that guy that was trying to sell shirts are you?
What you really need is a new amp

^ I haven't seen a normal 14er yet so I wouldn't be surprised.
Last edited by chev311e at Jan 27, 2014,
Quote by Baby Joel
Or, take this topic to the "Guitar Gear and Accessories" section. They can help you. We'll just dick around with you.

This. GG&A will help you out. Send my regards to the entire township of Dennis.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
As a Hoosier, I am not familiar with "Dennis," Indiana

explain yourself or your grammar
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham

Maybe his name is Indiana U.S.A. Dennis and he's put his surname last.
Quote by eGraham

Name: Dennis
Home: Indiana
can you help me with my amp problem?
Quote by bouttree
Name: Dennis
Home: Indiana
can you help me with my amp problem?

This isn't the right place to ask. This is the off topic forum.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Yea you just really need a new amp man
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore